Event Updating Incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Updating Incorrectly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

I noticed today that when I make a change to an event at Google calendar, it doesn’t update the change at the site. Even after I manually make the change to the event at the site, it reverts it back to the old information even though that isn’t how it is on the calendar anymore.

Hunter

Hello, Samuel 🙂

Before I test the issue myself, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings? And if you haven’t already, I recommend reviewing what you have set for your Events > Settings > Import options to see if it’s a simple setting adjustment.

Thank you for reaching out and have a great Wednesday. Cheers!

Samuel
    Participant

I deactivated all of the non-corresponding plugins and used Twenty Sixteen as the theme, and it still isn’t installing correctly. I even added a new event to the calendar, which didn’t import. It seems as though it’s pulling from a cache rather than what is actually at the calendar .ics. Could it have something to do that I still have a schedule import still trying to process from when there was an issue with the plugin? I tried to get rid of it, but I can’t figure out how. I even went as far as to delete the plugin files and re-install them.

Hunter

Thank you for the update,

I am currently awaiting a snippet from another support team member that will stop the ongoing import issue. Once we have that addressed, we’ll have a better idea as to whether it is the cause of conflict or not. I imagine you’ve already reviewed Events > Settings > Imports, but if not, I recommend going over them to make sure the options are set to your liking.

Check in on tomorrow with me and I should have the snippet for you. Thanks again and we appreciate your patience while we get this addressed. Take care.

Samuel
    Participant

Did you have further luck with this?

Samuel
    Participant

Just for further information, I updated to version 4.3.2; and, it still doesn’t work. It’s come to the point that the client is really on my ass about it and is considering dropping our firm from future projects. Please let me know if this can be fixed. If not, let me know that as well so that I can go elsewhere. Thank you.

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. I wasn’t able to come up with a snippet which will stop the import, but please follow the steps below. We’ve noted this huge inconvenience and are incorporating a way to easily stop imports.

1. Backup site and database
    2. Deactivate all Tribe plugins
    3. Delete all Tribe plugins
    4. Reinstall The Events Calendar plugin

Once you’ve finished the steps above, temporarily revert back to the default WP theme and deactivate all plugins other than ours. From there, create a new import under Events > Import and attempt the import you originally had troubles with. Let me know how things go from there. If you still run into issues, reply back with the exact step-by-step instructions needed to replicate your issue so I can log a bug report.

Once we have that going, our dev team will jump on it and hopefully get a fix released in the next maintenance release. I don’t have any concrete date when that will be, but rest assured we’ll get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your continued patience and I look forward to hearing back. Hopefully everything works and we don’t need to log any bug reports. Cheers!

Samuel
    Participant

I have already deleted and re-installed the plugins many times and even installed the legacy import only to find out it didn’t work and updated everything back to the current versions. The import spooling comes back and the calendar still doesn’t import correctly.

Samuel
    Participant

Also, what created the spooling issue was that I forced an import after migrating the site from a dev URL to the site’s final domain before I entered the licenses needed to verify the plugin.

Hunter

Go ahead and send over the Google Calendar URL you’re having troubles with and include the exact step-by-step instructions needed to replicate the behavior and I’ll report back with what I find out.

Samuel
    Participant

The URL is https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/societycal%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics

The issues started when I forced an import unknowingly when the license wasn’t entered. Since then, an import continues to spool even after I delete the plugins, optimize the database and re-install the plugins. Also, changes to existing events and new events do not get imported.

Hunter

This reply is private.

Samuel
    Participant

Except there are 17 events.

Hunter

Let’s set that issue aside for the moment and focus on the requests I made in my last response. In the case that I can’t confirm a bug, we have a recommended list of customizers that can help troubleshoot further. Thanks and I look forward to getting that info so we can hopefully get this resolved. Have a great rest of your evening.

Samuel
    Participant

I don’t have access to the cPanel for the site’s hosting, so I had to use a migrate tool via the WordPress dashboard to export the database, which I emailed to the address provided. I don’t know if it is going to work for your needs though. If not, let me know so that I can request it from the hosting company. I also included screenshots for the import settings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Updating Incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.