Event Updating Incorrectly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Updating Incorrectly

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Hunter

Hey Samuel,

Can you install and activate WP Crontrol? Once you’ve done that, visit Tools > Cron Events and delete any cron jobs relating to Event Aggregator. Let me know if you’re able to successfully stop the import.

While you’re working on that, I will spend more time testing. A bug popped up resembling your initial issue about event info not updating on your site after it’s been updated on the Google Calendar, but I need to spend a little more time confirming they’re related. We’ll touch base once I hear back from you.

Thank you again for your continued patience. Cheers!

Samuel
    Participant

Sorry. The HD on my iMac failed, so I needed to replace it; then, the holiday came, so this is the first week I’ve been able to work on this for a while. I installed WP Crontrol and attempted to delete the hooks tribe_aggregator_cron and tribe_aggregator_process_insert_records, but they instantly reverted back, and the import process stayed. I then deleted the scheduled import and deleted the hooks again, only for them to revert back as well and the import process remain. I then disabled the Event plugin and deleted the tribe_aggregator_cron hook successfully. However, when enabled the Event plugin again, both hooks came back along with the import process that might be causing the problem.

Samuel
    Participant

I took things a little further by deleting the current version of the plugin and all of the mentions of tribe in the site’s database options via Advanced DB Cleaner plugin. I then re-installed the Event plugin with the current version and activated it. The import came back and the page to add a new import seems as though it isn’t working correctly, as seen in the image I included.

Hunter

Hello,

Can you send over your System Information as a private reply? And does this issue still occur with WP Super Cache deactivated? I would fire up a whole new test installation using only our plugins and the default WP theme and try to reproduce the issues you’re having.

Once you’ve done that, reply back with what you find out. This will clear up any possibility of WP Super Cache or any other plugin causing the conflicts. Thanks and take care.

Hunter

I also wanted to provide you with a snippet that can be added to your functions.php. It helps clean up the deleted events from your database. As always, make a backup of your database prior to trying it out. Let me know if it helps!

/*
    * Deletes the saved copy of "deleted" events generated by iCal Importer
    * This allows you to re-import events. The script deletes 50 instances per page load
    * Code by Nico; enhancement by Andras
    */
    function del_deleted_events () {
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'post_type'=>'deleted_event', "posts_per_page" => 50, 'post_status' => 'trash', ) );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    echo '<p style="background-color:yellow;z-index:1;text-align:right;">50 deleted events removed, refresh again';
    } else {
    echo '<p style="background-color:yellow;z-index:1;text-align:right;">Done deleting!';
    }
    }
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'del_deleted_events' );

Samuel
    Participant

I added the snippet to the end of the functions.php file. It broke my dashboard and gave me just a blank white screen.

Samuel
    Participant

There might have been a plugin conflict that cause the import page to display incorrectly. I disabled those I no longer needed, and it now displays correctly.

Samuel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello 🙂

Is the “Your import is currently in progress.” message still appearing? We have a bug logged aimed to provide users the ability to completely “kill” an import. So if you are still battling that issue, please know it’s being worked on.

We also have a bug logged aimed to address the issue regarding events not getting updated on your WordPress site after they’ve been updated and reimported from the source calendar. Stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more info. That fix is set to be included in the next maintenance release!

Please let me know the status of your issue and take care!

Samuel
    Participant

I was able to get the new import page to display correctly, but the “corrupted” import is still running and the events still won’t update, which is what you said is being fixed. I will wait for the update.

Hunter

Thank you so much for your patience while we confirmed your issues are related to the logged bugs and get things sorted out and released! Have a great weekend ahead and please feel free to create a new thread if you have any new questions or concerns.

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that the fix for this issue has been pushed to the Event Aggregator server! There’s no need to update the plugins, although I recommend using the latest version of The Events Calendar.

Please let us know if this is working as expected for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Samuel
    Participant

So, what do I do when it didn’t fix the problem? I still can’t clear the old import via WP-Cron Events, and an event name didn’t update after I changed it in Google Calendar.

Samuel
    Participant

I will gladly provide admin access if you think that will help.

Hunter

Welcome back,

I tested again to see if the event gets updated with the altered info upon reimporting and I did not experience any issues. I’m also not seeing any recently opened bug reports about event info not being updated. Sorry there’s not much more I can do in regards to support for this issue as I’m unable to reproduce it and there don’t appear to be other users experiencing the same behavior.

In response to the import being “stuck”, I’m also unable to reproduce this issue, though I do see a bug just created by another support team member indicating a potential bug. There doesn’t appear to be any workaround for this issue at the moment, but I’ll add this thread to the bug report which usually helps expedite a fix for the bug.

I’ll mark this thread as ‘Pending Fix’ for the time being and please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Updating Incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.