Event Tickets not saving when added to New Event listing

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets not saving when added to New Event listing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    zanart
    Participant

All Plugins involved (WordPress, Event Calendar, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Pro, Woo Commerce) are up to date. When adding new event everything shows beautifully on the calendar with the exception of the tickets created – they are also not visible on the edit events page after updating the page. However the tickets info is listed on the Woo Commerce Products info page. I contacted WordPress on the issue and reset to the last backup Monday morning to remove all added events and restart with the same results when adding again. Extremely frustrating! I see that you have quite a few reports of the same issue, so am hopeful that you will address this soon!

zanart
    Participant

Additional info – this issue involves all events added to my May calendar yesterday (previous events were added successfully last month and those remaining event tickets in April are displaying and working fine) I just noticed that 2 of the 7 total events and their tickets added yesterday and instigating my request for help have mysteriously begun to show the tickets on both the edit page and the website. I did nothing to facillitate this and only noticed it when I received notification that a ticket had been purchased from the Tundra Swans Event (the tickets were definitely not showing on the WP admin events page or website calendar page last night after they were created) The other event now showing tickets is the Open Studio event. All the rest are still without visible tickets… All were entered the same way… Pretty odd but perhaps it may help you pinpoint the issue

zanart
    Participant

An update on my issue – which still exists! All of the first round of events mentioned in my first entry on this thread now have visible tickets on both the WP Admin Add Event page and my website. It took 2 days a little at a time for this to happen even though all events and tickets were created in approximately an hour. Since I had not heard back from you yet (still waiting) we began adding more events late yesterday. The same issue is occurring – one of the events took overnight to show tickets on both ends (again they were lost on the edit page after saving and did not appear on the calendar page, although visible on the Woocommerce products edit page) The other has still not shown tickets on either the backend or website (it has been approx 13 hours), but if it follows the pattern from before will sometime today. Another issue that is likely connected is that the Cost portion of the Detail box on the Website is no longer there even when the tickets are. Nor is the price that is usually added under the title of the event…Although the tickets are eventually showing up at this juncture this is really a great inconvienience to both me and my students! I do hope I will hear from you soon!!

zanart
    Participant

This reply is private.

zanart
    Participant

Oops – this is marked correct answer – but I have not heard back on this yet! All events are ticketed but they still don’t have the cost detail or cost on top – I am disappointed that no one ever respionded to this! This was not resolved!

Hi Suzan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

zanart
    Participant

Hi Jaime – I see you sent your standard answer 😉
    I believe I have mentioned before that my WP theme (I do have the business package) does not share permissions required for staging sites, hence WP Staging plugin does not work and I have no means to do that. I do have Health Check. However this really appears to clearly be a Event Ticket Plus issue! There were other threads with the same problem. Last time my issue was specifically resolved in your last maintenance update so I am betting this one will too. Since my tickets have all shown up now, I really don’t have time today to create a new event just to test the situation with Health Check. Can you at least share with me whether this issue is being addressed on your end?

zanart
    Participant

BTW – I just had to update one of my events with the finished painting for the lesson that day and discovered that the Cost and price show up with the update! So I am in the process of going back to each event added in May when that part of the issue arose and am simply hitting update and the price and Cost are showing up. I will try to create a new event tomorrow or perhaps laste to day to see if the issue of tickets not saving has been corrected as well.. Perhaps you did do something on your end 😉 Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the update!  Let me know how that goes!

zanart
    Participant

Update:
    At 11:16 I published a new event to June 9th. The same issues exists:
    1. The ticket did not save to the page after entering info on Add new Event WP Admin page and clicking save (nor do they show up later after publishing, nor after doing an additional update)
    2. The ticket did however show up on the Woo Commerce product page
    3. Everything else (with the exception of the Cost under details and Cost added under title and the ticket itself of course) shows beautifully on the website.
    So – I performed a troubleshooting check using Health Check in both plain default theme and the theme I am currently using with this process:
    1. All but the basic theme is disabled so of course I had to enable the Events Calendar first to even see the calendar on website and also the events page in WP Admin so I could check both…
    2. Enabled Events Tickets – no show on either website or Admin page
    3. Enabled Events Tickets Plus – same
    4. Enabled Woo Commerce – ticket does show here but not on website or Admin page
    Just to be thorough I enabled everything else with the same result and then disabled all plugins saving Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus for last – still no show
    Conclusion is surely that the issue is with Events Tickets Plus!
    In the past the tickets will eventually show up either after a few hours or a couple of days. but obviously that is not in the least ideal as it appears to the browsing customer that there are no tickets for the event.
    Please let me know what we can do to fix this – Thanks!

taomax
    Participant

I have a very similar issue where tickets are not saving after being added but show up hours/days afterwards. It started right after the last update and reversing the update didn’t help to solve this.
    I’ve tried to resolve this by following the other threads with similar issues and disabling plugins etc, but it didn’t fix the problem.

Tim Stevenson
    Participant

Same issue here. Although i havent seen the tickets appear on the front end event page.
    I do see the ticket in Woocommerce & the Event edit page (Admin)

Tim

Hi Suzan,

Thanks for the update.  Can you take a screenshot of what this event and ticket look like on the backend, so that I can try to replicate things on my end as well?

In the meantime, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi @taomax and Tim,

Please open up a separate thread so that we can provide you with some individualized attention on your issue.

Once there, as a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks!

zanart
    Participant

Ok I am sending screenshots but the event is now ticketed (they are in order from top of page to bottom and will have to continue the send. Also just sent a request to WP support to help me with the Debug info you want and they answered immediately – they do not allow FTP access on wordpress.com so they are trying to see if there is a way to run and get the info you requested to give to me to share (I copied and pasted your request…)

zanart
    Participant

here are the last two. The ticket section was empty before.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets not saving when added to New Event listing’ is closed to new replies.