event platform for different event hosts

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions event platform for different event hosts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hey there,

hope you can understand my English good enough…

I want to realize an event platform in German for courses, camps and similar events in the area of wildness, permaculture, traditional crafts and so on.

This features are necessary for that:
    – external event hosts are able to add there own events
    – just admins can publish this events
    – attendees can book over the platform
    – payment through wirecard or stripe
    – automatic mail to attendees two or three days after an event (ask for rating)
    – only attendees can rate event and host (host sees results but not, who rated / admin sees all)
    – ratings can be shown on page, so that future attendees can see, which hosts or events are trustworthy
    – A map is created with all the events
    – Also a table or list is created with an overview. Some great filters are very welcomed.
    – translation-ready

Is this possible with only your plugin? If yes: How to do it?

Or is it possible with your plugin in combination with more plugins? If so: Which one(s) do you recommend?

If not: which feature(s) are not possible?

Thanks and all the best,

Michael

Cliff

Hi, Michael. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

It sounds like you’d need Community EventsEvents Calendar PROEvent Tickets Plus (ET+)Filter Bar, and possibly Community Tickets.

You may be interested in one of our Product Bundles to save money on your initial purchase.

We don’t have “ratings” for events, although that’s a neat idea. You could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Michael Hartl

Sounds great so far – so you claim that all my points from the list are possible with the combination of plugins you told me. Except of ratings for events and hosts…

Do you know third-party-plugins for that?

Do your plugins have hooks, so that it is possible to build this functionality myself?

All the best,

Michael

Cliff

Event Tickets Plus uses WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads to sell tickets. Therefore, you’d need the payment gateway that supports Wirecard or Stripe.

“automatic mail to attendees two or three days after an event” is not yet possible but is a big project we’re working on. For now, please reference the following:

Other than these, I think 100% yes.

For ratings, there are a bunch of choices on WordPress.org but I don’t personally have a recommendation. However, I do know the author of https://wordpress.org/plugins/rating-widget/, although I haven’t used it personally and Modern Tribe doesn’t guarantee compatibility with third-party plugins. Since it’s called “widget” this extension might come in handy: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/calendar-widget-areas/

And, yes, we have many, many action and filter hooks:

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Michael

Are your plugins compatible with https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/

This could be the solution for the idea of the rating-stuff…. 😉

all the best

michael

Cliff

Michael, that one sounds like it’s for rating WooCommerce vendors, which isn’t a default part of WooCommerce and therefore I don’t think it would apply to our events. Again, I am guessing any generic rating plugin (that works with custom post types) should work fine for your needs with our plugins if you’re wanting to rate Events, Organizers, or Venues.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘event platform for different event hosts’ is closed to new replies.