Event Filter Search Bug

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Filter Search Bug

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

For whatever reason, there is a new bug with events calendar pro that’s driving me nuts.

Because of slow load times when loading a large volume of events, I’ve been required to create my own filter system here.
    https://events.worldgolfskills.com/world-golf-scramble/

When you click on the “United States” link, you’ll see some events pop-up, which is great. However, when you try to utilize the filter bar to filter by state with let’s say “California” for example, even the events that are located in California no longer show up. Since we’re adding and completing events on the daily, I need a way to setup simple direct links and right now it’s not working the way it used to?

Hunter

Hi and welcome back 🙂

Do see any notices in your WordPress admin dashboard similar to:

If so, please hit the “Fix venues data” button under Events > Settings > General and let me know if events taking place in California show up in the results. To ensure I’m not missing anything obvious, I checked our logged bug reports but didn’t see anything resembling your issue. I also tested on my local site to see if I’m able to reproduce the behavior but was unable to.

You also might want to make sure you’re not exceeding your Google Maps API key limits. Lastly, can you please include your System Information as a private reply? Thanks and have a good evening!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Hunter. It actually appears that the issue might be related to featured events.

Go Here:
    https://events.worldgolfskills.com/events/?action=tribe_geosearch&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=map&featured=false&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=6&tribe_tags%5B%5D=11

Drop down the filter bar and click CA. You’ll see that after you click that it goes from “Upcoming Events” in the header to “Upcoming Featured Events” and then the events are removed. Maybe this is something with the new “Featured Events” release?

Hunter

I tested your theory and created an upcoming event with a new venue (Pebble Beach, hopefully someday I can play there!) and marked it as a Featured Event. I then visited my Map view and selected “CA” from the Filter Bar State field, but everything worked properly for me:

Do you have a test site set up with the bare essentials (WP theme and the plugin(s) by Modern Tribe you’re having issues with) where you can fully troubleshoot the issue? I’d do so, making sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are set to “true” on your wp-config.php and make sure you’ve got your browser’s error console open. I quickly checked your site with the Filters recommended by you in your last response and it appears there’s a few errors/warnings you might need to look into.

Can you please review our Setting up your Google Maps API Key tutorial to see if that has an effect on the behavior? Please let me know and enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi Hunter.

I uploaded an API key, flushed the cache, and still am having the issue.

The problem is that the system appears to only be searching for “Featured Events” in the map view when using any of the filters. For example, since you set Pebble Beach as a “Featured Event” and selected CA, you’ll see that event show up when utilizing the State filter. However, if this was not selected as a “Featured Event” it would not show up and when you deselect it, you will see the system only search for Featured Events.

It appears that the system is only searching for “Featured Events” with the new update.

https://events.worldgolfskills.com/events/?action=tribe_geosearch&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=map&featured=false&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=6&tribe_tags%5B%5D=11

You can see that this link above has “featured=false” but when you select any state it will change the new link to “featured=true” and only show featured events. It’s either a bug in the system or somewhere I have the map set to only filter for feature events.

Hunter

I tested your theory by unmarking the Pebble Beach event as a Featured Event, then revisited my Map view and selected “CA” from the Filter Bar State dropdown:

As you can see, the results did not differ. Please let me know if you’re able to set up a test site with the default WP theme and only our plugins where you can fully troubleshoot the issue, because as of right now I have not been able to replicate any of the faulty behavior you’re experiencing.

Thanks and keep me posted. Cheers!

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Please click on the link below.

https://events.worldgolfskills.com/events/?action=tribe_geosearch&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=map&featured=false&tribe_eventcategory%5B%5D=6&tribe_tags%5B%5D=11&tribe_state%5B%5D=911%2C982%2C990%2C999%2C1003%2C960%2C936%2C986%2C1043%2C911%2C982%2C986%2C990%2C1003%2C960%2C936%2C999%2C1043

You’ll see when it initially loads it says “Upcoming Featured Events” and then actually ends up loading “Upcoming Events”. When you deselect CA for example, the header changes from “Upcoming Events” to “Upcoming Featured Events” and no events show up. Then if you reselect CA, you’ll see that the California events no longer show up. This just started happening with the new Featured Events release and is a bug within the filter bar is my assumption.

Everything works fine when you go in via events.worldgolfskills.com/events/ and start selected and deselecting, but any direct links with parameters in place seems to mess everything up and change “featured=false” to “featured=true”.

Hunter

Thank you for the update. I believe I understand your issue clearly, but it would be extremely helpful if you could essentially create an exact step-by-step list of instructions I can follow to reproduce the behavior.

It would also be helpful if you could spin up a fresh WP test site with the default WP theme and our plugins only (see Testing for conflicts guide) and create a few test events as you’ve been doing, then check to see what happens when trying to reproduce the problem. If you have the ability to screencast on how to reproduce the issue, that would be the most efficient method. Check out the Screencastify Chrome Browser Extension. If you’re using a different browser, I’m sure there are similar options available for Firefox, Safari, etc.

Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply. It is imperative you share any errors you find with me so I can compare your findings to any logged bugs we’re aware of.

One other thing you could do on the test site is downgrade in reverse chronological order to see if you can find the exact version where the behavior begins. You may need to review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites for instructions on using one license for both sites.

It is always best practice to have a test site where you can fully troubleshoot any issues you’re having, so once it’s set up, you’ll be able to test in a much timelier fashion. I have a premium license for WP DB Migrate Pro which has helped the process all around, so you might want to check it out.

Thanks again and have a great evening. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Filter Search Bug’ is closed to new replies.