Event displays today's date, not the date of the event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event displays today's date, not the date of the event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

Hi Barry,

As requested, splitting out this thread.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/fao-geoff-b-urgent-category-urls/page/2/#post-1294380

As described – event details show the event to be taking place on today’s date at current time of page load.

we experienced this problem on another site too.

As before, it’s not on every event, just 1 or 2. Here’s a perfect example

Cohesion CORE Group meeting

This event took place on 16/05/2017, yet event calendar is telling me it’s on 7th June at this current time.

Thanks

Greg

Cliff

Greg, sorry you’re experiencing this.

Please provide me a screenshot of this event’s wp-admin event edit screen — the part where the event date, time, and timezone.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thank you, please find attached screenshot as requested showing date & time of event (which is 16th May)

Best,

Greg

Cliff

Greg, I’m guessing you included replied via email… unfortunately, our forum email replies do not upload them.

Please login to the forum to upload the screenshot or instead include a link to an online image.

Thank you.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Cliff, doesn’t look like it uploaded. Trying again here.

Cliff

Got it. Thanks!

Please try changing your date format to YYYY-MM-DD at wp-admin > Events > Display tab > Datepicker Date Format option and see if this resolves the issue (make sure to clear site/server and browser caches).

Greg
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I’ve done that, cleared cache, closed browser and also tried on a new device. It’s made no difference at all.

I’ve even tried changing the date of the event. That makes no difference. Today’s date still shows.

Thanks

Greg

Cliff

Is it only happening for this event or for all of your events?

===

Since this isn’t currently a known issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

===

You might want to send us a copy of your database’s postmeta table for this event, Post ID 12297, so I can review the custom fields that belong to this event.

===

With all these things, please let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I’ve found the problem, there is a conflict with the shortcode we use on the event pages to display some downloads.

See here example with WPDM shortcode not included:

Cohesion TEST

Under “details”, green bar on right sidebar, the start and end date is correct, 16 May 2017 @08:00

Now see example of same event with WPDM shortcode included:

http://cpmr.org/event/cohesion-core-group-3/

Under “details”, green bar on right sidebar, the start and end will always show as the current date and time of the visitor

Any idea what could be causing it?

Cliff

Interesting. Good find.

Please provide a link to download the plugin that the WPDM shortcode comes from and also send me a screenshot of where/how you input this shortcode in the page (e.g. wp-admin post editor for a specific event or a different method)

Greg
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Cheers.

The plugin is in 2 parts, both should be installed:

1. the main plugin
    download:

http://cpmr.org/wp-content/plugins/download-manager/download-manager.zip

2. the addon that makes it work across multisite.

download
    http://cpmr.org/wp-content/plugins/wpdm-multisite/wpdm-multisite.zip

You create a download package (eg a Custom Post) by adding the files you want in WP admin -> Downloads.

This download then has a shortcode (highlighted red in screenshot)

This shortcode is just placed anywhere (inc Event posts) in the normal way

(I have checked there is no HTML etc being applied around the shortcode – it happens on all event posts)

Let me know if you need any more info?

Thanks all the best

Greg

Cliff

Greg, here’s a video of my testing: https://cl.ly/3Z082T2l0z3q

I never activated the multisite plugin, but placing the shortcode in the event page does affect the event details display.

The shortcode runs starting at Line 287 of /wp-content/plugins/download-manager/libs/class.ShortCodes.php

I didn’t see anything obvious in there, and this is about as far as I can dig into this issue, but hopefully it’ll help you in some way, even if it’s to just include a more detailed report to this plugin’s developers.

Greg
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your post and checking it out, glad you were able to easily replicate the issue.

To be honest… it does confirm what I already knew. It doesn’t give us much to go on.

I guess what we need to really know is… which part of Event Cal. is the plugin conflicting with?

Why is it affecting your plugin – particularly that one very specific part of the sidebar event information – and nothing else?

Any ideas that will help us get on the right track would be most appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes,

Greg

Greg
    Participant

By the way, as an aside to this matter…. I’ve discussed this multiple times with Tribe staff.

The same error occurs on our site with the NFP licence, as I have mentioned.

As I have explained, it occurred out of the box, on a clean install of wordpress, using Avada theme.

you can see,

American Friends of the V&A

All the events in the widget bottom right show today’s date.

There are no shortcodes attached, and I have tested it with all plugins turned off apart from event cal – see screenshots.

In fact, I’ve even changed to TwentySeventeen theme to discount Avada or any custom code from the equation. Check the final screenshot. The problem still occurs.

Tribe’s argument on this is that they refuse to help as we don’t have a full licence.

How on earth would i convince our client they should pay hundreds of dollars, to sign up for a full licence, in order to fix something that doesn’t work, out of the box, on a clean install of WP using 2017 theme and all plugins de-activated.

Screenshots show:

1. the front end appearance on Avada with all plugins turned off (hence broken visual composer code on frontend)
    2. Backend showing all plugins apart from Event Cal turned off
    3. Front end on 2017 theme showing problem still present.

Cheers

Greg

Cliff

Thanks for the details, Greg.

I just tried the Events List widget and didn’t experience this: https://cl.ly/2o3s1G2l1s2Q

The screenshot is the same when the widget is on a non-event page (e.g. home page or blog archive page) as it is when on a single event view.

Please share your System Information from that site you have with the Twenty Seventeen theme (in a Private Reply). That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Event displays today's date, not the date of the event’ is closed to new replies.