Event Cache

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Cache

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

Hi there,

I was having an issue with events that had passed showing up, the wrong date on the calendar in the widget, and a failure of any events showing up on the calendar.

I had figured this was an issue with some UTC time differences, as it seemed to clear up as I saved a few events with the right information. I then went through all the events (287 of them), and used WP CSV to re-import everything.

Unfortunately, the problem persisted. Old events showing up, the wrong day icon showing on the widget, and no events on the calendar.

I went in an did an update on the page without changing anything. This did the trick for that single event, which now shows up on the calendar.

So it’s a caching issue. I cleared the cache using WP Super Cache. That didn’t help, unfortunately.

Is there a way to mass clear the cache for each Event?

Thanks,
    Craig

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

Thanks for going PRO and reaching out to us!

What you can try is to do a bulk edit and save without doing any change. I’d say try that with selecting 5-10 events, do the bulk edit (maybe enable comments, you can always disable afterwards, or vice versa) and save. And check if that does the trick.

Also you might want to try to check for plugin conflicts based on our guide.

Please, also share your system information if you can.

Let me now if the bulk edit trick helped or not.

Cheers,
    Andras

Craig
    Participant

I’m afraid this didn’t work for me. Do you have any other ideas on how to achieve the same result? Maybe a temporary function to override the caching?

Thanks,
    Craig

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Craig,

I’m not quite sure it is a caching problem. Even if you are using a caching plugin, it doesn’t affect the admin dashboard as there are changes constantly, so it wouldn’t make sense to cache that. Caching driven by plugins only happens on the front end.

It looks like that when the events are imported, then something is either not imported, or imported wrongly.

If you can share with me your system info (use this guide) and the csv file that is causing you problems, I can try to investigate further.

Cheers,
    Andras

Craig
    Participant

Hi Andras,

It could be this was originally caused by a mis-match in event price and ticket price due to a sorting error I made before importing tickets with Woocommerce Import Suite.

My process was as follows:
    1. Upload Events.
    2. Create tribe_wooticket_for_event connector based on Event ID.
    3. Upload tickets using Woocommerce Import Suite.

(My error came in step 3, which produced the price conflict.)

I could likely wipe out products and tickets *IF* I can upload them both at once. Would you recommend trying the beta for this, as I understand it’s possible now?

I would delete everything, but it would take a lot of extra work to get the tribe_wooticket_for_event field to match again.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

I cannot really say what the root cause was or if deleting everything would help. This is already beyond what we cover in our product support.

It might be worth a try. If you do a database backup before, then if what you try doesn’t work out, you can reload the backup. There are plenty of good backup plugins out there, e.g. Updraft Plus.

I’ll get back to you on the beta thing.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Craig
    Participant

This reply is private.

Craig
    Participant

Hi Andras,

It appears the CSV importer I’m using must suffer from the problem described in this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12809525/getting-hold-of-metadata-when-creating-a-post-in-wordpress

Unfortunately, with the current Events Calendar importer, I can’t merge imports. So I’m forced to either delete and start over or use another plugin, which I did.

Is there any way you know to force an update that grabs the metadata before the save action?

Thanks,
    Craig

Craig
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Craig
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Craig
    Participant

This reply is private.

Craig
    Participant

Never mind. I was trying to upload it as an event instead of clicking on ticket.

Unfortunately, I’m not able to try it out fully as it’s crashing localhost when I try to upload Organizers.

Thanks,
    Craig

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Cache’ is closed to new replies.