Event Aggregator will not remember Eventbrite login

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Aggregator will not remember Eventbrite login

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Shayne Welch
    Participant

Yesterday we uploaded all our Eventbrite events via Legacy Upload – EventsCalendar must have updated overnight, and now none of our tickets are showing in the events, meaning people cannot book from our WordPress site.

Event Aggregator keeps asking us to ‘connect to Eventbrite’ which we do, we allow, looks like everything goes through correctly, but as soon as we go back to WordPress site, it asks us to connect again. Please help!

Hi Shayne,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Shayne Welch
    Participant

Hi,
    I haven’t been able to import any events from Eventbrite to our wordPress website for nearly a week.

When I try to import it continually comes up with this error ‘There was an error fetching the results from your import’. It worked fine prior to the 6 June I was able to import using the Legacy import upload, that upload is not an option anymore.

This is greatly affecting our business as if I can’t get my events on our web page I can’t sell tickets.

PLEASE HELP

Hi Shayne,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue!

Would you mind sharing with me the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my own site?

Also, what do you have set for your Import Date Range Limit under Events Settings < Imports? If you increase that limit, do your events appear?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Shayne Welch
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

My name is Nancy and this problem has been referred to me as I’m the person that enters and uses this program.

My problem is with importing the events from Eventbrite not any of my events are showing up. I have just tried to import again and the same error continues to come up ‘There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message’

I also increased the Import Date Range Limit and it made no difference.

Here is the URL of one of our events https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/creative-arts-and-brain-development-tickets-41232062208.

Your help with this matter would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Nancy Xuereb | Training Officer

[cid:CFTrainingLogo_RGB_5787cc8f-efbf-4eb9-8605-4275fc529e1d.png]

[p] 02 9831 5121
    [m] 0481 907 654
    Head Office
    Level 1, 43 Fourth Avenue, Blacktown NSW 2148
    [email protected]
    http://www.childrenfirst.asn.auhttps://childrenfirst.asn.au/professional-development/

Children First Training provide expert and affordable professional development courses for staff and educators in the early childhood education and care sector.

Upgrade your skills and book a course today!

Children First acknowledges the traditional custodians and their continued connections to Country and culture throughout Australia. We pay our respect to these diverse communities and to Elders both past and present.

This email including any attachments may contain personal, copyright or confidential information. You must not use, copy or disclose any of its contents. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return email and then delete this email and your reply.

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

Can you try installing and configuring the following extension so that it uses Australia as the locale?

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Shayne Welch
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I have installed the above extension and used Australia as the locale. It has made no difference, it still is not allowing me to import my events from Eventbrite.

It has been 3 weeks now and I’m getting frustrated as I’m spending a lot of time trying to fix this problem and nothing you have recommended to try has worked. Importing was not an issue until the 6th June I’m happy for the program to work as it was prior to all these problems.

Thanks,
    Nancy

Barry

Nancy,

I realize this is inconvenient but when you enter a URL like eventbrite.com.au/e/some-name-123456 can you try changing it slightly, to eventbrite.com/e/some-name-123456?

In other words, replace .com.au with .com … in my own testing, this worked for various other locales (and is a known bug). If that works for you, do let me know and we can then link this ticket with the bug report (which will help us to provide you with updates once a fix is available).

Thanks!

Shayne Welch
    Participant

Hi Barry,

I tried this yesterday several times with different events and it didn’t make a difference the same error continued to come up. I just tried again and still this error coming up.’There was an error fetching the results from your import: There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import again later.’

Thanks

Nancy

Barry

Thanks for trying (and confirming). This may in that case be a different problem. In my next reply I will share a new license key with you (for Event Aggregator, rather than Eventbrite Tickets).

Please add this to the Event Aggregator field in the Events ‣ Settings ‣ License Keys admin screen (but don’t change anything else) and let me know if that works for you.

Barry

This reply is private.

Shayne Welch
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Nancy,

I’m glad to hear that you can now import Eventbrite events.  The Event Aggregator license is a temporary fix for an issue that we are currently addressing.

The idea is that by the time this license expires, this issue will be resolved, so you will be able to use Eventbrite Tickets without the Event Aggregator license.

I’m going to mark this thread as ‘Pending Fix’ and link it to the bug report, so that you will be notified when a fix has become available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this process.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy!

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve just released a fix on our Event Aggregator server to address the Eventbrite Imports issue.

There is no need to update anything on your end, but do make sure you are using the latest version of The Events Calendar 4.6.19 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.5.1

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if they work on your end.

Best,
    Victor

Shayne Welch
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Are you asking me to try importing without the Event Aggregator key?

Regards
    Nancy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Aggregator will not remember Eventbrite login’ is closed to new replies.