Error when activating Events Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Error when activating Events Calendar PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to install Events Calendar PRO Version 4.3.4. When i activate it though i get the below errors on both backend and front end:

Warning: fopen(/tmp/tribe_tmp_file_logger_2017-01-03.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/latsia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 68

Warning: fopen(/tmp/tribe_tmp_file_logger_2017-01-03.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/latsia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php on line 68

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/latsia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php:68) in /home/latsia/public_html/wp-content/themes/enfold/config-templatebuilder/avia-shortcodes/masonry_entries.php on line 32

Note that i also have “The Events Calendar” plugin Version 4.3.5 installed since it is needed in order for the Pro version to work.

The thing is that i also have WPML plugin installed as well:

WPML Multilingual CMS 3.6.2

WPML String Translation 2.5.1

WPML Translation Management 2.2.6

When i deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS 3.6.2 the error messages disappear. So i guess there is some sort of conflict between the 2 plugins.

Please advice.

Thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening George and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing while using our products with WPML.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that the plugins should work well together.
    But for that, there are a couple of prerequisites.

I would recommend reading the following first: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

As long as you are not using the ?lang= method and have followed the setup instructions, it should work great.

Worst case scenario, try deleting and reinstalling the Events Calendar Pro from scratch.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I ‘ve set WPML as you instructed. And also uninstalled and installed Events Calendar Pro again. But the error is still there.

What else should i try?

Geoff B.

Good evening George,

Thank you for writing back and making sure your setup is correct.

Let’s dig a bit deeper into those error messages.

The file that is being opened (/tmp/tribe_tmp_file_logger_2017-01-03.log) is in a temporary directory. The temporary folder is usually handled automatically by the system.

If you can assign permissions to the /tmp folder, then I would give it -755 or -775.

Otherwise I would recommend to contact your hosting provider, they should be able to help you out with this easily.

The “Permission denied…” message simply shows where the function resides that tried to open that file.

The second message seems to revealing some conflict between Enfold and our plugin.

Can you tell me if you have any kind of caching activated (either in the Events Calendar settings or else where on your site) ?

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Michalis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon George,

Thank you for the system information (somehow it seems to be missing certain parts, but that should suffice for now).

Could you tell me which version of Enfold you are using ? If it is 3.8.4 or more, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Other than that, here is what I would recommend:

1. Completely deactivate and delete the Events Calendar Pro (it should not have any impact, but you can always do a database backup for good measure)
    2. Head over to your downloads page and grab a copy of the Events Calendar Pro 4.3.4 https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/
    3. Install the zip file by using the Plugins > Add new menu in WP-Admin

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Michalis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Michalis
    Participant

I already did the following steps many times:

1. Completely deactivate and delete the Events Calendar Pro (it should not have any impact, but you can always do a database backup for good measure)
    2. Head over to your downloads page and grab a copy of the Events Calendar Pro 4.3.4 https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/
    3. Install the zip file by using the Plugins > Add new menu in WP-Admin

An i already mentioned in my first post that there is a conflict with WPML Multilingual CMS 3.6.2. When i deactivate WPML Multilingual CMS 3.6.2 the error messages disappear.

What i need to know is how to make those plugins work together. From what i understand there is no issues with the enfold/worpdress version. It is clearly a conflict between the 2 plugins. And i already did the configuration of WPML as you instructed before.

Geoff B.

Good evening George,

Thank you for writing back, for these tests and providing additional information on the issue.

At the moment, there is no report of conflict between our plugin and WPML and we are not able to reproduce this issue on our staging servers.

This is why I recommended going ahead with a complete conflict testing procedure.
    I understand it takes time to perform, however it is the fastest way to identify the issue.

With that in mind, there are 2 other things that might be worth exploring:

1. Could you temporarily delete the function located between lines 70 and 73 in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML/Defaults.php on line 72 and see if that helps ?
    2. Since a few version, WPML has been using some pretty intense built-in caching. When you perform the upgrade, could you temporarily try emptying the cache and shutting down WP Rocket to make sure there is not caching issue at play ?
    3. Could you turn WP_debug on and share the logs of what happens upon upgrading ?

Hang in there!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

I did the steps you mentioned. Still nothing. The only logs i am getting when debugging are the following:

WARNING: wp-content/plugins/global-gallery/functions.php:594 – file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty
    require_once(‘wp-admin/admin.php’), do_action(‘admin_init’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, gg_gall_builder_metaboxes, gg_getimagesize, file_get_contents
    WARNING: wp-admin/admin-header.php:9 – Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/latsia/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Log/File_Logger.php:68)
    require_once(‘wp-admin/admin-header.php’), header

It would be much easier if you could just login to a page of ours and do your testings. I mean this is taking forever and i do not think we will be able to solve it by just posting one time per day.

Geoff B.

Good evening George,

Thank you for running the tests.
    I am sorry this did not yield better results.

You are right, the message from the log does not say much unfortunately.

I totally understand how this can be very frustrating for you.
    We really take pride in doing all we can to help customers fix issues they might encounter as quickly as possible.

However, as you know, the scope of our support prevents us from performing any direct changes on a client live web site.

You can read about these here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

We are usually able to solve things quickly after a couple of exchanges with our customers.
    We are sorry that has not been the case here and we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Exceptionally, when the troubleshooting (including the testing for conflicts) does not work out, we can sometimes resort to hands-on testing, but only on a staging site.

To make a long story short, at this point I would like to offer to escalate this to a new pair of eyes . That might help spot something we both overlooked and hopefully move closer to a resolution of this upgrading issue.

Hang on as I do that for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

Why don’t you do a local setup with the same wordpress version, theme and plugins? Therefore you can see the error at your end and do your testing without any risks. This way you will be able to resolve the issue quicker.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Michalis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Error when activating Events Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.