Email Notification for the Organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Email Notification for the Organizer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi there,

I would want the organizer to receive a notification email whenever a ticket is purchased. The attendee’s information should be in the email.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
    Paul

Please don’t copy and paste the old response saying that you are limited in providing support and blah blah.

Paul Browne
    Participant

I have seen and tried all the GitHub code on the support forum but they are not working.

One is not working at all and the other one only gives a link to admin panel.

I want to add the attendee info to the email.

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I would want the organizer to receive a notification email whenever a ticket is purchased.

You could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/vicskf/c807167bd0a89a13af7f9ad8d351d184

But first, to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

The attendee’s information should be in the email.

You could use the following https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/add-event-and-attendee-information-to-woocommerce-order-details/

The other option, of course, would be to manually create an email template.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff B.,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I don’t think you read my message carefully. I have clearly written that I have tried the PHP code and it’s not working.

And the second link you sent me is obviously not a solution.

Regards,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Paul

Thank you for following up.

You will be glad to know that I did read your message fully.
    That said, we do have a fairly large number of snippets and GitHub repos, making it hard to know which snippet you did try.

As for the second link, this extension is indeed part of the solution as it adds the attendee information to tickets.

So let’s focus on fixing the other part (sending a copy to the organizer).

For that purpose, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

I am also noticing that you are using modified versions of our plugins, at least when it comes to the name. To leave no stone unturned, please include all 4 of these plugins in that same folder.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

With that in hand, I should be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Any update on the issue?

Regards,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

Thank you for your awesome words.
    As it turns out, the initial snippet did not work with your setup.

But, the good news is that the following one worked like a charm: https://gist.github.com/niconerd/16770b84adb6156aaa77948bf208bacb

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,

But this snippet only emails the organizer a link to see the attendee information at the WP dashboard. And I don’t want to allow the dashboard access to Organizer.

If you read my request carefully, I had mentioned this:

One is not working at all and the other one only gives a link to admin panel.

I want to add the attendee info to the email.

As already mentioned, I want to email the attendee information to Organizer rather than a link.

Here’s a list of things that I want to include in the Organizer’s email:

Attendee Name

Email

Phone

Thanks,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul.

I see your point and you are absolutely right.
    That specific snippet does not return a copy of the attendee information itself.

To accomplish this we would need a hybrid of several of our snippets and extensions.

Since that currently does not exist and I can see how this would be very useful, I will place a request to the extension/snippet team.

Just to set expectations, this might take a while depending on the team’s current workload.

In the meantime, hopefully, the link contained in the snippet can buy you some time.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you so much for putting the request to the snippet team. I really appreciate it.

I will be waiting for a positive response. 🙂

Best,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Hey there Paul,

As it turns out, the team really sees value in this. It would help in a handful of situations.
    Additionally, it is not that big of a lift 🙂

As you can imagine, the challenge is prioritizing between so many different awesome ideas.

By the looks of it, this will be released as an extension and you will be contacted as soon as it is available.

Thank you for helping us improve what we have to offer!

Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Great to hear that! 😀

I am really waiting for the extension to be developed and made available for the license holders. 🙂

I have another great idea and this is something that I really want to be able to do.

On the Event submission form, there is an option for the Event Organizer. This is a drop-down with a list of all the organizers. This way an organizer can intentionally or unintentionally choose another organizer and hence create a mess!

It would be great if there is no drop down option on the submission form and the only three simple text fields for the Name, Phone and Email address of the organizer.

Best regards,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

I am totally with you on this one.
    Every time we release an extension, it makes several of our customers super happy.

If you have not already done so, I would recommend you check the extensions page out: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/

As for your second idea, I wonder if the following extension would do the trick: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/hide-others-organizers-and-venues-in-community-events/

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

You rock brother. THANK YOU SO MUCH! – You are a life-saver.

However, there an issue with the extension you provided. The Organizer can add more Organizers each time. And if I enable the “Users cannot create new Organizers” option in the settings then the Organizer can not select himself from the drop down (in fact there is no drop down at all) and he has to put in his information again. This will create duplicate records. :/

Is there any solution to that one?

Thanks,
    Paul

PS. Thanks for the link to the extension page, I will go through all the extension. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Notification for the Organizer’ is closed to new replies.