Email Notification for the Organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Email Notification for the Organizer

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Geoff B.

Dear Paul,

I am super stoked that you like the extension page.

The Organizer can add more Organizers each time. And if I enable the “Users cannot create new Organizers” option in the settings then the Organizer can not select himself from the drop down (in fact there is no drop down at all) and he has to put in his information again. This will create duplicate records. :/

I don’t mean to be facetious about this, but the obvious solution would be not to enable this option.

In other words, simply activating the plugin without enabling that option should provide you with the desired result.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it. 🙂

I have another issue. Please help me out with this.

The Event that is submitted by a Organizer using the event submission form, does not have the Attendee Information attached to it. And I (as the admin) have to manually do that. Is there any solution?

Thanks,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

Thank you for the kind words.

The Event that is submitted by a Organizer using the event submission form, does not have the Attendee Information attached to it. And I (as the admin) have to manually do that. Is there any solution?

You are correct, currently adding ticket fieldsets via Community Tickets is not possible.

That said, it would be a pretty awesome feature to have.

There are basically two ways to tackle this:

1. Add a customization via using our Themer’s guide as a starting point or if coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.
    2. Vote that very feature here: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/18530896-allow-users-to-request-attendee-information-usingAs you can tell, that feature request is in dire need of traction. Simply put, the more votes on a feature, the higher priority it gets

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you so much.

Can you please guide me in the right direction so that I can start the customization? 🙂

Thanks,
    Paul

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Paul,

I am glad to see you are taking on that awesome feature 🙂

Here is my best attempt at giving you some high-level guiding concepts to get you started:

• Most of the code for additional attendee fields lives in /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/admin-views/ . More specifically, you will want to look at meta.php and the /meta-fields/ folder
    • You will want to steal some of the code there and bring it to a modified version of the /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events-tickets/src/views/community-tickets/modules/tickets.php file and upload it back to [your-theme]/tribe-events/community-tickets/modules/tickets.php
    • You will probably need to address the fact that adding those fieldsets require some specific WordPress capabilities and permissions (usually admin). This will need to be done either via functions.php or modifying WordPress roles on your site to grant the required superpowers. You can read more about the latter here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

That is pretty much as far as I can take it. Our list of recommended customizers would be the next step if you get stuck.

Best of luck!

Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Thank you so much Geoff! – You rock. 🙂

Can you please let me know that what is the status of the development of the email extension that I requested and you said that you will forward that to the dev team since it is very helpful.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

As a matter of fact, I did open a legitimate ticket for the creation of that extension 3 weeks ago.

The team is currently tackling priority 1 and 2 extension work.
    The good news is that someone else requested the exact same extension which means your idea is growing in popularity (and ultimately in priority).

All that to say that I cannot offer a date for release yet, but as promised before you will be the first person contacted as soon as we are about to release it.

Hang in there!
    Geoff

Paul Browne
    Participant

Thank you Geoff, but can you please give me a rough estimate?

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

Sadly, I do not a rough estimate.

This might seem like an odd statement, but experience has taught us that it is much better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around 😉

In all seriousness, extension work is typically done by our awesome team when support levels permit it. As you can imagine, forecasting support levels can prove to be challenging.

As stated before, I am hopeful since this is a great idea and it seems to be gaining some traction.

Have a great weekend and thank you for your understanding!
    Geoff B.

Paul Browne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand but can you please give the roughest estimate and yes I won’t blame you if the extension is developed in that time. 🙂

Thanks!

Paul Browne
    Participant

Ok now I am having some weird issues.

My website is giving HTTP 500 Error and I am unable to access my website.

When I carried out a plugin conflict test, it turned out that the plugin “The Events Calendar” is the culprit and is causing the issue. If I deactivate that plugin, I am able to access my website but there is no content regarding events.

I renamed the plugin folder to “the-events-calendar-old” and downloaded a fresh copy of the plugin from my Downloads area and uploaded it. But still the issue is there.

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul Browne
    Participant

I also tried to restore a backup from 3rd August, but the issue is still there.

BUT the issue only appeared recently so it was not on 3rd August, but the backup have not solved the issue.

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul,

I am so terribly sorry this went under the radar while I was out on vacations.

I understand but can you please give the roughest estimate and yes I won’t blame you if the extension is developed in that time. ?

Unfortunately, I cannot.

My website is giving HTTP 500 Error and I am unable to access my website.

This is less than ideal considering the nature of the issue, but we try to keep each thread to one topic.

Therefore, I will kindly ask that you open a new ticket for this (if you have not already done so).

In the meantime, I would highly recommend you do the following:

1. Completely deactivate and delete the Events Calendar plugin (it is safe to do so)
    2. Reinstall and activate a freshly downloaded version.

If that does not work, please go through the following: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

I believe one of my colleagues will be able to assist you in further resolution.

Hang in there,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Email Notification for the Organizer’ is closed to new replies.