ECP and ADDONS

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions ECP and ADDONS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Raul

Hello,

I have been reading the documentation and most of the comments but I still have some pre-sale questions.
    Could you please heelp?

I am aware about the features you include in the free version, the pro one and your add-ons. My problem is how to present all my events in a very simple, in an easy and intuitive way. I’running events, different categories, in different cities and in different countries.

1) Can I tagged the events depending the city they take place? For example I would like to have a url like this http://www.mywebsite.com/events/cityone.

2) In the homepage I will show images of the cities and I would like to linked each image with an especific url. For example. Image of cityone will be linked with http://www.mywebsite.com/events/cityone.

3) I would like to edit my homepage with a slider a filter bar, some text blocks, and a grid view of the upcomings events. Can I include in the filter bar a location. For example, search by city?.

4) Can I use your filter bar/ search fields in combination with my events showed in a grid mode instead of the calendar?

5) I know there is add-on to allow my community to create and submit events my question is: Is there any way to split a % of each ticket sold (% for the Admin and % for the Organizer).

6) If not, how can I know how many tickets/amount of money each organizer has generated in a specific period of time?

7) With the add-on community events/tickets. Can organizers create a new city? Can organizer create a new venue?

8) I would need a dedicated page for the venues where my events take place. Can i do that with your product? I would need a URL similar to http://www.mywebsite.com/organizer/michael Can I have it?

9) I would also need a dedicated page for the organizers. Can i do that with your product? I would need a URL similar to http://www.mywebsite.com/venues/starbucks Can I have it?

10) Do the organizers have their own dashboard where they can see the events they have created? Can they modified / edit the event (time, duration…even cancel the event)? Could they know the number and details of the participants of the event?

11) Do the participants of the event their own dashboard where they can see the events they attended or are going to attend. Can the cancel their booking? Can they see their payments?

12) I know The Event Calendar is integrated with many templates and themes but. Could you recommend me those fully integrate in terms not only of functionality but also with design?

Thank you very much
    Raúl

Raul

And one more regarding event aggregator. I have been reading the documentation but I really dont understand how it works.

13) I need to aggregate events from Meetup. Do I have to be the organizer/owner of that Meetup group to aggregate it into my website/plugin?

14) What it shows in the front-end?
    15) Could you please send me screenshots of the frontend?
    16) Once my users click in the event I am showing in my site. What happens? Are they redirect to the Meetup event page?
    17) If so, Would it be possible take bookings inside my website instead to drive traffic to the meetup event webpage?

Thank you

Caroline

Hi Raul,

Thanks so much for your interest in our plugins–happy to take a moment to answer your questions here! Since there’s a lot of ground to cover here, I’ll do my best to be brief, but please don’t hesitate to follow up if I can clarify anything further.

1. Events can be assigned categories and/or tags according to your preferences, and you can link to these categories or tags to view all matching events. Here’s an example of a tag view from our WP Shindig demo site.
    2. You can link to event pages from any section of your site, so this should work just fine!
    3. As outlined on the Events Calendar PRO product page, PRO does offer location search functionality, and you can see some examples in the screenshots provided. If you need more detailed location-based filtering or other search functionality, you can add on Filter Bar and configure the filters that are displayed exactly to your preferences.
    4. Filter Bar can be used in conjunction with any layout types that are supported by our calendar plugins! You can see all of the calendar views offered with Events Calendar PRO on the product page linked above.
    5. If you need to split payments between event organizers and site administrators, this can be achieved using a combination of Community Events and Community Tickets! You can read more about using split payments with these plugins on our Knowledgebase here.
    6. See above!
    7. You can choose whether or not to allow event organizers to create new venues when submitting events. Our Knowledgebase article on Community Events settings goes into more detail on this and other options.
    8. Yes, both organizers and venues will have their own pages automatically generated by the plugin.
    9. See above!
    10. Logged-in users who submit events using Community Events can log in to view their own events if this option is enabled by the site administrator. However, users who submit events anonymously will not have this option.
    11. Users who RSVP or purchase tickets for an event will receive confirmation via email, but they will not be assigned their own account to log in and make changes later. RSVPs can be changed or cancelled on the original event page, but tickets will need to be refunded through the e-commerce platform that’s paired with Event Tickets Plus. Our Knowledgebase article here goes into some more detail on the subject.
    12. Our plugins are developed with WordPress standards in mind and will always have the best compatibility with the WordPress stock themes, such as Twenty Seventeen. If you’re looking for third-party themes to integrate with our plugins, I’d suggest searching one of the many premium WordPress theme sites for “the events calendar” to find compatible themes.
    13. As long as the Meetup events you’d like to import are viewable to the public, you can import them using Event Aggregator even if you’re not an organizer.
    14. Meetup events that are imported by Event Aggregator will look just like other events on your site!
    15. See above!
    16. Meetup events will be fully imported and will have their own event pages on your site. A link to the original event on Meetup will be provided in the Event Details section.
    17. Users will still need to click through to your event on the Meetup site to register–you can provide instructions in the event description if needed.

You can find more information on our products in our Knowledgebase resources and on our WP Shindig site, where we provide live demonstrations for all of our products. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Raul

Hi Caroline,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I understand that “If I need to split payments between event organizers and site administrators, this can be achieved using a combination of Community Events and Community Tickets!” My question is, Can I set different % fee comission for different vendors?

When users make a payment for events. Where the money goes? 100% to the Admin bank accoun? or to the vendor bank account minus the fee comission for the Admin?

I still have doubts about the event aggregator for Meetup groups and events. Would it be possible have a look at a screenshot of the front-end.

thank you

Caroline

Hi Raul,

Thanks for following up! I’m going to go ahead and quote these few questions of yours with my answers below. 🙂

Can I set different % fee comission for different vendors?

Unfortunately, this is not yet possible with our PayPal-based option for automatically splitting payments. You can read more about the settings available for Community Tickets here on our Knowledgebase. If you’re looking to vary the amount that is charged per vendor, I’d suggest having your ticket fees included in the amount that is billed to your customers, then having ticket sales paid in full to the site administrator and deducting your fee manually before sending the proceeds to your vendors.

When users make a payment for events. Where the money goes? 100% to the Admin bank accoun? or to the vendor bank account minus the fee comission for the Admin?

This depends on the options you choose in your Community Tickets settings. By default, all payments go to the site administrator, and payments to vendors must be processed manually. If split payments are enabled, the vendor and site administrator will each automatically receive their own portions via PayPal.

I still have doubts about the event aggregator for Meetup groups and events. Would it be possible have a look at a screenshot of the front-end.

You can find plenty of screencaps for all of our plugins on the product pages for our offerings, as well as live demos on our demo site, WP Shindig!

I hope that helps! Thanks, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Raul

Thank you very much.
    Another pre-sale question.

It is possible if Admin decides to enable the split payments BUT ONLY for some vendors?
    For the rest of the vendors, the payments will go to the Admin and then he will processed manually.

Thank you

Raul

Multicurrency:

I am going to run events in different countries with different currencies.
    Do you support multi-currency?
    Can Admin decides the converstion rate?

Thank you

Caroline

Hi Raul,

It is possible if Admin decides to enable the split payments BUT ONLY for some vendors?
    For the rest of the vendors, the payments will go to the Admin and then he will processed manually.

I’m afraid that enabling automatic split payments for only specific vendors isn’t possible with Community Tickets at this time. For this type of setup, I’d suggest leaving the default settings in place so that all payments will processed and divided up manually by your site administrator.

I am going to run events in different countries with different currencies.
    Do you support multi-currency?
    Can Admin decides the converstion rate?

Since Event Tickets Plus relies on a separate e-commerce platform (such as WooCommerce) for all payment handling, this functionality should be supported to the extent that your e-commerce plugin of choice supports it. If you’re looking to use WooCommerce for your site, I’d suggest exploring their documentation and plugins to ensure that multiple currencies are supported in the manner your site requires.

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘ECP and ADDONS’ is closed to new replies.