EC update conflicting with Site Origin Page Builder

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO EC update conflicting with Site Origin Page Builder

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

Site Origin Page Builder is misbehaving in EC as of today’s update, but nowhere else on the site. Deactivating EC Pro didn’t help. My symptoms are that widgets insist on stacking vertically no matter how I divvy them up in rows. If I have a two-cell row, put an editor on the left and an image on the right, sometimes in preview the two widgets line up horizontally as they should. If I add another image widget on the right, in preview the editor content goes all the way across the page and the images are stacked below. If I delete the second image, whatever broke stays broken: the single image is now stacked under the text that cannot be narrowed by manipulating the row. In other attempts, the “broken” starts right from the get-go. Everything I add, rows or widgets — it all stacks vertically.

If I may be so bold, I do not think this is one where Site Origin is to blame, as it continues to work perfectly throughout the site for posts, pages, etc. There were even more problems before I updated EC today to 4.7.1 (gray box for Venue extended up into text/images, stuff was strewn around awkwardly) — that went away with the update but the stacking didn’t go away. I can go back to the WP editor for the moment, but it really isn’t the look I want. Please! Help!

Hunter

Hello,

Welcome and sorry to see you’re having troubles. I do want to point out that we are limited providing support for conflicts with themes and plugins by other authors. For what we are able to cover, please review our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article.

Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. It might also help to open the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the browser console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Once I have that information back from you, I’ll have a better idea on how to proceed. If it comes down to it, reverting back to the version of TEC that last worked for you might be the best alternative if/when we come up with a solution. Thanks and have a good evening.

Jim
    Participant

I am not experienced enough to debug or add things to any php files. I would gladly revert to a version of TEC that worked previously, as I was getting all the functionality I needed before Page Builder broke down. My concern is that WP 4.7.1 may not accommodate an earlier version — if you think it will, please tell me how to revert.

Also, you and I had a thread that you closed before the issue was addressed. Namely: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/you-have-entered-a-license-key-for-the-events-calendar-pro-but-the-key-is-out-of/

I’m still getting that error message though as you noted in the thread my license is still operative. I don’t know whether this can be the source of the Page Builder problem, but I would like to get it resolved in any case.

Thank you

Hunter

I went ahead and re-opened that thread. My sincerest apologies about closing it out early!

If you’d like to manually revert back to a previous version, please review our Manual Updates Knowledgebase article and let me know if you have any questions. The article is for updating, but it’s the same process. There shouldn’t be any issues with WP being on 4.7.1.

I’ll log the behavior you’ve described as a bug, though I can’t guarantee whether the fault lies within our code or the page builder’s code, so I’ll leave that up to the developers and if they update the report with any new info, I’ll be sure to share that with you here.

I’ll mark this thread as ‘Pending Fix’ for the time being. Sorry I don’t have a better workaround for you at the moment and let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. Cheers!

Jim
    Participant

Hunter,

I’m not skilled enough to mess around with debugging, much less on a live site. I have deactivated other plugins to no avail. I don’t know if this sheds any light, but the events I created with Page Builder before this issue arose still look exactly as they should. I haven’t tried editing any of them to see what happens because I don’t want to see what happens. So far, am I the only user to have a conflict between the latest TEC Pro version and Site Origin Page Builder?

Jim
    Participant

Hunter —

Hate to say it but the “Disconnect and Reconnect” technique over at “You have entered a license key for The Events Calendar PRO but the key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one” only worked for a day. The error message is back. What to do, what to do??

Jim
    Participant

Hunter: I had a friend set up the debug utility and this is what’s being returned when the Event using Page Builder “breaks”: Undefined offset: 0 in /home2/sfvaudub/public_html/dev/wp-includes/meta.php on line 489

Does that help?

Hunter

Hi Jim,

Please forgive my delayed response, I’ve somehow missed the thread and did not mean to put off answering this long! It’s definitely best practice to have a test site set up where you can fully troubleshoot any issues you’re having with your site. This applies not just for our plugins. It’s also best to introduce updates into a test environment before applying them to your live site so you can get an idea of any potential conflicts.

So far, am I the only user to have a conflict between the latest TEC Pro version and Site Origin Page Builder?

There are a few bugs related to the SiteOrigin Page builder, but none are marked higher than Priority Level 3 which is an indication it is not a widespread problem. You also mention you’re having troubles validating your license keys. If you’re still having this issue, please ensure all of our plugins are updated to the latest versions, review the Testing for conflicts guide and Finding and Inputting Your License Key guides and let me know if you’re able to successfully save your license key.

Hunter: I had a friend set up the debug utility and this is what’s being returned when the Event using Page Builder “breaks”: Undefined offset: 0 in /home2/sfvaudub/public_html/dev/wp-includes/meta.php on line 489

Does that help?

I’m honestly not sure whether it helps due to my limited experience with the Page Builder plugin, but I’ll include this to the logged bug report. I’m sure the developers will appreciate you sharing the error with us.

I apologize again for the delayed response and I’ll be sure to pay extra attention to this thread until we get it resolved. Thanks and have a great evening!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, in which we could not reproduce the issue described here.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

Please update the plugins and see if it works for you. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘EC update conflicting with Site Origin Page Builder’ is closed to new replies.