Duplicates of recurring events from iCal

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicates of recurring events from iCal

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    oberlinhaus
    Participant

Hi,

we are using an iCal with reccuring events as our source for a daily import.

Problem: Importer does not recognize existing events of recurring events and duplicates it.
    ==> Works fine with “none-recurring-events” in iCal.

Please help.

Regards Ben

Hunter

Hello,

Sorry to see you’re having issues with duplicate events. Before I compare the issue to our logged bug reports, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings?

We need to ensure a theme and/or plugin conflict is not the actual reason for the duplicate events. Once I have that information I’ll be able to provide more accurate responses. Thank you and please keep me updated. Cheers 🙂

oberlinhaus
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

okay, I did everything, disabled plugins switched themes etc. ==> Problem still there
    I deleted recurring Events in my Outlook calendar ==> Problem still there

What happens?

Outlook iCal contains 16 normal events

1. I delete all Events ==> I permanently delete all events
    2. I clear Cache etc.
    3. I go to Import => Click Manual Import
    4. Message box above says “Imported X Events” => Most of the times it matches the real numbers of Events in the Outlook calendar
    5. I go to Events Overview
    6. Amount of “all” Events does not match the number of the Import Dialog
    7. Some Events don’t have an author and are duplicated
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by oberlinhaus.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by oberlinhaus.
    Hunter

Thank you for the update. Can you please send over a calendar URL or .ics file so I can attempt to reproduce the behavior? It would also be appreciated if you could provide a screenshot of your Events > Import > New Import screen. Please fill in the form as if you were setting up the scheduled import. I’ll also need a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Imports screens.

I’ll compare what I find to what you’ve shared with me in addition to our list of known issues and we’ll go from there. Thanks again for the update and taking the time to thoroughly test the conflict and report back with helpful information. Cheers 🙂

oberlinhaus
    Participant

This reply is private.

oberlinhaus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Thank you for the update. We have a bug logged resembling what you’ve described, so I’ve added this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

oberlinhaus
    Participant

This is a little unsatisfying. Its the only reason I bought the aggregator for and it is faulty 🙁

Hunter

I’m still looking into your issue, but I get a “The URL provided failed to load.” error when attempting to use the link provided in this response. Please send another URL I can test and I’ll let you know what I find.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Hunter

Hello again ?

This thread had been automatically closed, but I’ve reopened it due to new findings. My apologies, but it seems the bug I had linked your thread to apparently was related to our iCal Importer plugin which was retired and it’s features incorporated into Event Aggregator.

Can you update to the latest version of TEC (check your Downloads page) and let me know if you’re still getting duplicate events? Be sure to revert back to the default WP theme and have TEC the only active plugin while testing.

Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page and in your error log as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Sorry I was originally mistaken and please keep me updated. Take care ?

Andras
    Keymaster

Grüss dich Ben,

I just wanted to check in with you if everything is going OK or you still need help with this issue after updating to the latest versions of our plugins.

Let me know, I’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Ben!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7 August 2017) is out, along with some Event Aggregator server improvements and fixes that should solve this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicates of recurring events from iCal’ is closed to new replies.