Display Views gives 404 error when translated into French

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display Views gives 404 error when translated into French

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Communications
    Participant

The site in question uses the WPML plugin for English and French translations, the former being the default language. When I switch to French then click on one of the view icons, eg, month view, it will add the word ‘mois’ (French for ‘month’) as part of the URL and generate a 404 error rather than give me the French version of the view. If I overtype the word ‘mois’ with the word ‘month’ then I get the correct page and translation. What’s going wrong?

I can provide a link but only if I send it privately. It is also password protected using HTTP authentication

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Just wanted to let you know that we are dealing with a high volume of threads at the moment and it may take us more than usual to get back to you.

In the meantime, if you are dealing with an issue, please make sure you have gone through our Testing for Conflicts Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know if any difference under those conditions.

Also please provide as much information about the issue as possible and share links and screenshots so we can have as reference.

Finally, don’t forget to share your complete system information information by following the steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

For your specific issue, let me point you to the following article about WPML support > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

We appreciate your patience while we slowly get back to normal response times.

Best,
    Victor

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Hopefully you were able to get Victor’s info.

We do see this sort of issue pop up from time to time and most of those cases can be resolved by following the steps outlined in this article. Will you please give those steps a try and let me know if you see a difference?

This should help do the trick but, if not, please do let me know and we can try some more troubleshooting methods to resolve this.

Thanks!
    Brendan

Communications
    Participant

This reply is private.

Communications
    Participant

Any joy? We are keen to resolve this issue as we have delayed the the site’s launch because of it.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey there!

Would you be willing to share your system information? That will allow me to check for possible conflicts and see your current calendar settings. You can snag that by heading to Events > Help, copying the information that is at the bottom of the screen, then pasting it here for me as a private reply.

Thanks so much for your help!

Brendan

Communications
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brendan
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Communications
    Participant

This is the first time we’ve used the plugin so we are unable to answer wether it has worked with WPML in the past. I would imagine it should but you guys are best placed to answer that one…

Communications
    Participant

We really need a definitive answer as to whether this functionality is supposed to work with WPML. It’s been over 2 weeks since this thread was started and the site’s launch has been delayed because of it.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We are working with WPML but not everything works and its going to be a long process on getting the two plugins to work together correctly.

However, that being said, a lot of progress has been made working together. Please check out this guide and especially looking at the 404 error issue and how to fix it at the bottom. Let me know if that works for you.

WPML Guide

Thanks,
    Brendan

Communications
    Participant

Yes, we have tried the suggestions in the link you have provided, still no joy 🙁

Do you know of any similar live sites that use the plugins in question? That way we can see if the functionality is supposed to work…

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I don’t have an example but I spoke to some devs about this issue and there may be another thing you can try. So the issue is WPML doesn’t recongnize the translated views like “mois”.

The slug CAN be translated, but it looks like somehow the WPML cache “gets in the way”.
    After translating the slug properly, you need to:

1. Re-save your permalinks
    2. Clear WPML’s cache (using the Troubleshooting page under “Help).

Here is how to clear the cache: WPML > Support > link to Troubleshooting page > “Clean Up” section.

Let me know if that solves your issue.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Views gives 404 error when translated into French’ is closed to new replies.