Difficulty getting recurring events in 2017 to appear

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Difficulty getting recurring events in 2017 to appear

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jmay
    Participant

Hey all,

Similar to the following linked threads – I’ve been unable apart from once (more on that in a moment) – to get any of our imported recurring events to appear in 2017 (the last date any of them will go to is 31 December 2016).

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-not-showing-up-event-for-the-upcoming-year/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-event-not-being-created-into-2017/

All events are coming from four separate Google Calendars, imported via a daily Event Aggregator import. I did try the suggestion in one of the threads above which seemed to get one of the calendars to import past 31 December.

What I did was change was:

– change the ‘Create recurring events in advance for’ value from 3 to 4 and saved the tab
    – tried the import again but it failed
    – went back and changed the ‘Create recurring events in advance for’ value from 3 to 1 and saved the tab
    – saved the Display tab without changing the import again
    – run the import again and it worked for that calendar

however trying to update other calendars including repeating the steps above fails (import suceeds but no new events imported)

I can share screenshots, feed URLs etc, but I’d prefer to do so privately.

Thanks,

Nick

Hunter

Hey Nick,

Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with the recurring events. I would be more than happy to test for any potential bugs, but before doing so, you’ll need to review our Testing for conflicts guide and let me know what you find out.

Once we eliminate the potential of a theme and/or plugin conflict, we’ll have a better idea on how to move forward. I recommend bookmarking the Testing for conflicts guide so you can easily refer to it when you think there might be a potential bug. It is a required step to receive support and doing so prior to opening a new thread will save time and allow us to get working on a solution much quicker.

Thank you and I look forward to your response. Take care!

jmay
    Participant

Hey Hunter,

I’ve switched the theme and disabled all plugins (apart from The Events Calendar ones, of course) and can confirm the same problem is occurring.

Thanks,

Nick

jmay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Welcome back,

Do you see any errors on your server’s error log? What about when you add the following lines to your site’s wp-config.php file?

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

I’m not seeing any logged bugs of users reporting similar instances of not being able to import events past Dec. 31, 2016. I would also set up a test environment with the default WordPress theme and our plugins only, that way you can fully troubleshoot the issue.

You’ll want to make sure the ‘Create recurring events in advance for’ setting is set to a number great enough that will allow the plugin to create events. I would set it to at least 12.

Let me know what you find and have a great weekend ahead!

jmay
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

This reply is private.

jmay
    Participant

Thanks Hunter,

Did the import that you ran create events after 31 Jan 2017?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by jmay. Reason: Typo
    Hunter

Hey Nick,

I hope you had a great holiday season! The import did not include events past January 31, 2017, so therefore no events after January 31, 2017 were imported into my test site. Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Difficulty getting recurring events in 2017 to appear’ is closed to new replies.