Custom field values not saved on Front-end submission

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom field values not saved on Front-end submission

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jorrit Tempelman
    Participant

Hi there,

I recently purchased Events Calendar Pro to let my client’s employees reserver certain company items (cars, laptops, all that). To make that work, I’ve enabled front-end submission of the post type created by Events Calendar Pro by using WP User Front-End Pro. After employees fill in the form, the post is immediately published and should appear in the Calendar generated by your plugin.

But.

The date/time does not show on the calendar before I manually save the (just created) post in the back-end. This is a huge bummer… I feel it has something to do with the way the custom fields are stored in the database. Maybe they’re not stored in the database until the post is “truly” published or something.

Can you help me out, so that the post (including date/time) gets published right away?

Thanks a bunch!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jorrit,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums!

Please note that according to our support policy we don’t provide support for customizations. Also, we do not have access to the WP User Front-End Pro plugin.

The time, date and other fields should save by default at the same time the event post is saved. There shouldn’t be any difference.

As a first step I would recommend you to get in touch with the devs of WP User Front-End Pro to see if they have an idea about this. Might be they encountered this with some other custom post types before and have a ready solution / answer for you.

I can also share with you a list of freelance developers who can help you out with custom development like this. They are well known names in the community and are not affiliated with us.

I hope this helps you get started.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Something just came to my mind.

Have you considered using our Community Events plugin? That works seamlessly with The Events Calendar (and PRO) and allows users to submit events through a front-end form without the need of any other plugin. Almost as if an admin would from the backend.

You can define whether the submitted “event” should be automatically posted to the calendar or it needs approval before.

Also you can allow guest submissions or limit it to users who are registered on your site.

Check it out, maybe that will be easier to work with.

Cheers,
    Andras

Jorrit Tempelman
    Participant

Hi András,

thanks for your reply and thanks for the tip about the Community Events plugin. Is there a way to test this plugin? I’ve purchased a few plugins now, and two of them eventually didn’t do what I thought they would do, so it’d be great if I can take the Community Events plugin for a test drive.

But I’ve opened a new support thread yesterday, because I’m so close…! Just one tiny bit of help and I’m done!

I hope you’ll take the time to help me with this one, I really appreciate your help so far!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jorrit,

I’m sorry about the radio silence, I was out on vacation.

We don’t offer trial versions of our plugins, but we do have a no questions asked 30-day money back refund policy. After you purchase the plugin you have 30 days to test it inside out. If you don’t like it or doesn’t do what you need, just fill out the form on that page within 30 days of your purchase and you’ll be refunded.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I’d be happy to help and I promise you will get a quicker answer next time. 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom field values not saved on Front-end submission’ is closed to new replies.