Currency Symbol in the Wrong Place

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Currency Symbol in the Wrong Place

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mary Walker
    Participant

I have the same problem that despite all correct setting the currency symbol is appearing after the ticket amount.

I see this has already been reported by another user today Sue Hough and Jason Tapp.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/currency-symbol-in-the-wrong-place/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/currency-symbol-in-the-wrong-place-2/

Courtney

Hi Mary

Can you tell me how you created these events? Did you manually create them, or did you import them as a CSV?

Also, during what versions/updates did you notice this began occurring?

Can you also provide us with your System Info https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/? This will help us to troubleshoot further.

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Mary Walker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Thank you Mary. I am not able to reproduce this locally. Can you help me troubleshoot a little further?

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests.

We do have several users all with the same issue, and are trying to track down the conflict source.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Mary Walker
    Participant

I have a workaround, at least in my case, but not a solution. The problem persisted even with ALL plugins except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro deactivated using the Twenty Sixteen themef. With only those two plugins activated, I started to look at settings to see if there was a difference with Woocommerce, Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus deactivated. I discovered that without the Event Tickets Plugins and Woocommerce in place, that there was a box to place the currency symbol either before or after the price. Please see screenshot below. The currency symbol was blank. When I put a $ sign into the box and indicated that it should be before the price, the symbol appeared correctly.

I updated all the events, reactivated both Event Tickets plugins, and the event prices are rendered properly BUT the problem persists with any new events that I post. Hopefully, this analysis will give you some insight towards fixing this issue and will help others as a temporary fix, but it is very tedious to update every single event.

Mary Walker
    Participant

I clicked the correct answer by mistake. This issue is NOT solved; I just have a way to work around it.

Courtney

Thanks for taking your time to report this Mary.

Unfortunately, this is an issue we are already aware of and the team will address it in a future maintenance release of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we can let you know as soon as a bugfix is released.

In the meantime, we have a workaround that will force the currency symbol to always be before the price. You should place the following code snippet into your theme’s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin:

add_filter( 'tribe_reverse_currency_position', function(){ return null; } );

Let us know if the snippet works for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Mary Walker
    Participant

I am not happy with the way this was handled or the tone of the replies that I received. I dug into the levels of plugins involved, found where the issue started and took the time to get back with my results you only to be told, “Unfortunately, this is an issue we are already aware of and the team will address it in a future maintenance release of our plugins.”

If you were already aware of it, why didn’t you let me know before I spent two hours getting to the bottom of it so that my sites wouldn’t look like an idiot had designed them? You never made me aware of your workaround until I sent my analysis to you. Events management is a core part of my business and when you do something that negatively impacts the way our events are perceived you are negatively affecting a key part of the way my company presents itself to the world and puts food on the tables of our employees.

I am reassessing whether the Events Calendar will continue to be our events management choice. I moved to your suite from Event Espresso for two reasons: they were never going to integrate with my accounting software and they were never going to do anything about taking deposits. Your integration with Woocommerce solved those problems, but at the expense of making my site look ridiculous for several days. I’m very disappointed.

Courtney

Hi Mary

I’m grateful for the time that you did put in, and have sent that information along to the developers that will be resolving this issue in a proper update/fix soon. You shared your method, and at the same time a colleague here found the solution. I shared his findings with you as soon as I was back in office. I certainly think highly of you for finding a method that works as well, and believe in this case the your findings and that of my colleage may have arrived both at the same time while I was out for a day.

We will do all we can to make this right. Thank you for your time and efforts.
    Courtney

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mary!

You might have already received a notification but just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 16 October 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue.

You can find out more about the release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-16-october-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Thanks so much for taking your time to report this and help others with the workaround you found while we worked on a fix for this issue.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Currency Symbol in the Wrong Place’ is closed to new replies.