Currency Symbol in the Wrong Place

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Currency Symbol in the Wrong Place

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sue Hough
    Participant

In the settings for both WooCommerce and Event Tickets plus I have the currency symbol set to display before the number. But on the Event listings page and the Event detail page the currency symbol is displaying after the number. On the detail page it actually shows up once before and once after. Please refer to screen shots.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/in-wrong-place/

Sue Hough
    Participant
    George
    Participant

Sue,
    I think it’s happening with both the paid and unpaid versions. At least
    that’s my assumption, since I had glimpsed it in one of the pre-sales
    threads, and the response there was “it’s a free plugin, you need to report
    this bug elsewhere.”

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

I’m sorry for the delayed response here, our forums have been quite busy this week – we usually try to answer threads in the order they are received, but occasionally we get a little bit out of order. Sorry about that!

We have had several users reporting this same issue but have so far not been able to replicate it on our end. We are currently working on finding the common denominator between the users that encountered this issue to help us determine the cause.

As mentioned in the other posts, one factor we’re looking at is how the events were created (via the backend, a CSV import, or from the Community Events page). Also, is this occurring on all events or only certain ones? And finally, if you could do a quick test and see if you are able to get any different behavior by changing this setting (preferably with a default theme enabled and all other plugins disabled), that would be helpful as well.

Thank you for your patience as we work on getting this resolved, and please let me know what you find!

Jennifer

Mary Walker
    Participant

I have a workaround, at least in my case, but not a solution. The problem persisted even with ALL plugins except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro deactivated using the Twenty Sixteen themef. With only those two plugins activated, I started to look at settings to see if there was a difference with Woocommerce, Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus deactivated. I discovered that without the Event Tickets Plugins and Woocommerce in place, that there was a box to place the currency symbol either before or after the price. Please see screenshot below. The currency symbol was blank. When I put a $ sign into the box and indicated that it should be before the price, the symbol appeared correctly.

I updated all the events, reactivated both Event Tickets plugins, and the event prices are rendered properly BUT the problem persists with any new events that I post. Hopefully, this analysis will give you some insight towards fixing this issue and will help others as a temporary fix, but it is very tedious to update every single event.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much for sharing that information…unfortunately your screenshot didn’t come through (please note that attachments will not come through when replying via email – they need to be added directly into the post). I’m a little bit confused on how you are able to enter prices with WooCommerce and Event Tickets deactivated, so if you could try posting that screenshot again, that would be helpful! However, we now have a workaround for the time being. You can add the following code to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'tribe_reverse_currency_position', function(){ return null; } );

I’ve also added this thread to our internal ticket for this issue, so we will post an update here as soon as we have one.

Thank you for your help and patience as we work on getting this resolved! Please let me know how the code works for you and if you have any questions.

Sue, can you also try adding this and see if it fixes the issue for the time being?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Mary Walker
    Participant

When I deactivated Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus, I got the screen
    that’s attached. When I populated the currency symbol box with a dollar
    sign and updated, the currency appeared in the correct place. I populated
    the field for all of my events and reactivated Event Tickets and Event
    Tickets Plus and the currency symbols were fine BUT when I went to add a new
    event, the issue was back. I hope that helps. Sorry that I didn’t include
    the screen print.

Since I’ve corrected the issue with my workaround, should I use the
    workaround or will that just move the symbol back to the right? Darn
    computers, they do exactly what we tell ’em to!

Sue Hough
    Participant

Thank you, Mary and Jennifer, for the assistance. I added Jennifer’s workaround and it corrected the issue.

Jennifer, here are answers to your initial questions:

1. The evens were created via the backend
    2. It was occurring on all of the events that used the Event Ticket Plus plugin
    3. I tested the site with the default theme and all of the other plugins disabled before I created my thread

Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Sue Hough.
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m glad to hear the workaround provided a temporary solution, and thank you for sharing that additional information. We really appreciate everyone’s efforts in helping us narrow down the source of this issue! We hope to have a permanent fix for this issue soon, and you will be notified here as soon as it’s released.

Thank you for your assistance and patience as we work to get this resolved!

Jennifer

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 16 October 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-16-october-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Currency Symbol in the Wrong Place’ is closed to new replies.