CSV import not importing all events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSV import not importing all events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Fickes
    Participant

For two days now I’ve tried to import events and the importer only adds five events out 30+. We’ve not had problems in the past importing events, and I just followed the same procedure for an import this past spring. I’m not quite sure what has changed, but it’s not adding any more than five events at all.

I’ve attached the file to see if someone else can see what the issue might be.

Thanks for looking into it.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

Jaimie,

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for looking into this issue. I’ve gone
    ahead and enabled system information sharing on our site.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

I do see that you have set only 5 events per page.  If you increase that amount in Events Settings < General, do you see a change?

In addition, if you increase the Import Date Range, under Events Settings < Imports, do you see a change?

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

Jaime,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn’t effect the import. When I changed the setting to 50 events, and then tried to import the file, it only imports 5 events (and the document with the data contains 30+)

Any other suggestions?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import (in a private reply), so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual?

Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Jeff,

If you change the settings under Events Settings < Imports for Import Limit Type to Do not limit, do you see the same results?

I was able to import all events from your CSV with these settings.

Let me know if you see the same results!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

This reply is private.

This reply is private.

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Jeff,

Okay, it seems that functionality is related to the Eventbrite Tickets plugin, in addition to Event Aggregator.

However, I still was able to import the CSV without those licenses/plugins installed on my test site.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Whenever troubleshooting, it’s best to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

If there’s nothing obvious (such as a console error or WP_DEBUG message) pointing you to what might be the problem, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Note that https://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-detective/ may prove helpful as well. (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Okay, great, let me know how that goes!

Jeff Fickes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV import not importing all events’ is closed to new replies.