Community Events Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Rob

We’ve already had a handful of solid suggestions on features to incorporate into Community down the road. As with the feature request thread we’ve got for Events Calendar PRO, this is your place to make a case for the features you want to see included in a future release. We’ll largely use this to plot out feature priority…and all ideas are welcome.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think of!

Jaeden
    Participant

How about recurring events that happen on that specific day each. It is currently set up to recur on that date instead of day. For example, 3rd Saturday of the month rather than the 26th day of that month each year.

Rob

Hey Jaedan. Thanks for the note here; we definitely have plans for more randomized recurrence patterns in the future for The Events Calendar/PRO (during the 2.1 lifecycle), and once those are introduced they’ll be ported over to Community for sure. Stay tuned on that end!

Allan

Being able to choose a page template for the Add form and the List page. I, too, need this feature as discussed here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/render-add-form-in-custom-page-templateno-page-template/

Allan

Template override capabilities for tribe-events-community.css

Rob

Hey there Allan. Thanks for the suggestions here; in terms of the page template for the form, that is definitely a solid idea. Our dev Jonah will be taking a look and responding at that thread you mentioned directly with some advice for Mike later today…depending on what he says that may get you where you need to be. (Though if not, we’ll log it as a future request).

tribe-events-community.css should be overrideable already. Can you provide the steps you’ve gone through to do the override in a new thread, and I can attempt to troubleshoot there?

Barbara

I second Allan’s request for choosing a page template for the Community forms. I need to remove the comments form and would prefer to use a different sidebar. Both of these are easily accomplished with a custom template. If Community would at least use the same template as chosen for The Events Calendar, it would be a start.

Rob

Thanks Barbara. I’ve brought this up to the team; sounds like there is some value in it, and I’ll wait to see what our lead dev Paul has to say as to the implications/timetable/etc. We appreciate the feedback and will see what we can do for a future release. Let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Jim McClain
    Participant

I have another vote for page template selection – at least use the same one TEC uses.

The ADD form’s CSS is not all determined by the tribe-events-community.css, so I’d like to see (especially) that CSS that isn’t easy to edit included in that file. Like the Visual/HTML editor buttons.

Options to turn on/off the image/file upload feature.

Option to add a button or link easily to TEC pages so those users with permissions can click to add new events.

Better documentation of the available options and popular/common modifications. This seems to be an issue with many plugins, but shouldn’t be so much with premium plugins. It would reduce the amount of support requests and allow others to provide peer support. Everybody can use instructions and directions. I know it’s against the man code, but I never hesitate to ask for direction BEFORE I get lost. Good documentation is an important feature of any real or virtual product.

Jim

Jim McClain
    Participant

Never mind that last paragraph above. I just discovered this: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

So, change that request from better product directions to better directions to product documentation. 😉

Calvin deRuyter
    Participant

How about adding in “Bulk Actions” the option to move selected items from Pending to Published as a group rather than individually. There are certain posts you know are ok because of previous experience in the people who submitted them, and it would be nice to publish them all at one time rather than open each one individually and click “Publish” in those instances.

Rob

Good point, Jim. Noted and we do have that on the docket, when we can get around to it 🙂

Calvin: thanks for the note here. Do you mean on the backend? Shouldn’t draft events be bulk editable regardless of whether the Community add-on is active or not? Or have I misunderstood the request here entirely?

Let me know and I’ll try to get you an appropriate response here.

Nicole
    Participant

Do you have any plans for PayPal integration on community events? I have one category that people need to pay for but currently need custom coding to achieve this.

Nicole
    Participant

A PayPal addon for those of us monetizing our calendars would be great. Also, “copy” a current event so if we have a multi-day event that the recurrence function won’t let us do, we can just copy that event and change the date(s). This is especially helpful if an event runs 2 days, then skips a day, runs 2 days again, etc.

ostii
    Participant

It would be great to have the ability to dynamically add elements to forms. I.E. If there are multiple possible cost elements(sponsorship levels, etc) the user could add as many as they need dynamically.

See post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/dynamically-added-form-elements/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.