Community Events Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events Feature Requests

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ostii
    Participant

Automatically add any additional taxonomies created by plugin developers to the form. Currently they are only visible from wp-admin, and the entire point of the community plugin is to give front end users access to manage events 🙂

andrew

Add a limit to the event description in Community Events! People are pasting in these huge press releases and it looks awful. Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

Automagically linkify URLs in submitted events (assuming the URL isn’t already linkified)

Grant Bivens
    Participant

Send notification to user that their event has been published when events are set to be moderated.

Sandie
    Participant

Needs the ability to turn off fields. For example, none of our events need the payment options, yet I can’t find away to turn those fields off. Also, our venue will be entered as a phrase (one-liner) so I’d like a way to turn off all the address capture and map details. Even though I’ve opted not to turn the Google map stuff on in the backend, the front end is showing a checkbox for using the maps?!?!?

Leah

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone! We really appreciate the input and do our best to respond to customer demand. I’ve added these ideas to our internal feature requests list.

Nicole: We’re not prioritizing Paypal integration right now, but we do have a Wootickets add-on in the works so people can register attendees from within the site. If you want a way to charge for events right now, check out our Eventbrite add-on that allows you to do just that. We’d also like to add a way for people to charge users to submit events, since that has been a popular request.
    We’re also working to improve our recurring events so they could be customized even further. It’s another popular request, and hopefully it would make your wish to copy events moot 🙂

Sandie – although we don’t have this feature built in right now, you can change the form options by editing the CSS. If you’re familiar with code and interested, check out our themer’s guide at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Tim
    Participant

Add a print button for the events not for the whole page.

Leah

Good idea Tim! I’ve added this to our notes for the future.

~Leah

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.