Render "Add" form in custom page template/no page template

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Render "Add" form in custom page template/no page template

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Scott

I’ve been trying to implement Community Events with our production site, running a highly-customized version of the pre-Genesis Streamline theme from Studiopress. I have been unsuccessful in getting the form to render properly. It appears to be an intrinsic conflict with something in the theme itself, not a plugin problem as when I install our custom theme on a vanilla WP install with no plugins other than the Event Calendar plugins I still can’t get the form to render. As a workaround, is there a way to cause the form to render in a stand-alone page, or in a custom page template?

Scott

Here’s an example… first the Event Calendar, rendering fine in our template: http://209.189.197.124/~michael/testsite/events/

And then the URL for the add form, which fails:
    http://209.189.197.124/~michael/testsite/events/community/add

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Scott,

There’s not a way to render the form in a stand-alone page or page template that I know of but I’m going to have one of the other devs take a look at this and either respond directly or I will follow up. Stay tuned.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Scott, we noticed that it looked like you switched your theme and the submit event form is looking good. Is this issue resolved?

Mike
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem. So does that mean you can’t render the add event on a customized template?

Scott

No we didn’t resolve this but we decided to attack the problem a different way. I’d still like to see you consider a future enhancement to allow more control over how the form renders though!

Rob

Hey Mike, sorry this one slipped through the cracks. Is this still a concern for you? I will get Jonah to take another look if so.

Scott: definitely can see the value in there. We have that as a logged issue already, but if you wanted to drop it into our newly-minted Community events feature requests thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/community-events-feature-requests/) it’ll become a topic of discussion for our team as we plot future releases…

Mike
    Participant

Yes! Still very much an issue. I’m holding up adding to a set of sites until this is resolved.

Rob

Mike: confirmed. This is on the top of Jonah’s plate when hits the forums tomorrow. Thanks for your patience thus far.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys, I looked into it myself and cannot figure it out. I’ve created a ticket to have another dev take a look. Sorry for the delay!

– Jonah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Render "Add" form in custom page template/no page template’ is closed to new replies.