Checkout using Ticket Plus stopped working (no e-comerce)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Checkout using Ticket Plus stopped working (no e-comerce)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Micha McLain
    Participant

So, on one of the sites I run, the client has events, events pro, tickets, tickets pro, but no other e-commerce is installed.

The client early last week had configured their PayPal setup using Tribe Commerce. I verified that the setup was correct and then they created 3 single events with tickets. those events sold and everything was fine.

Then, later last week, the client published about 6-8 more events, done in the same way. Then, the client’s customers started complaining because customers were checking out… they were input form values to the custom ticket fields, then getting redirected to pay on PayPal, then they paid. The problem is, that the website didn’t show this. No registrations, no forms, etc. So, now the client has no idea who registered for their class, but people are registering.

This sounds like a PayPal issue in that somehow when the redirect from the site -> PayPal -> site happens, the event isn’t getting the info for the registration.

Again… this was working last week and no changes were made, then all of a sudden it stopped working.

The client is frantic because these events are their only source of revenue. Got any ideas?

Micha

Micha McLain
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Micha,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information for the sub-site where you are seeing this issue, in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

This reply is private.

Micha McLain
    Participant

I just replied with that information as a private reply. Please advise.

Micha

Hi Micha,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

As mentioned in your other thread, can you update all of your Events Calendar related plugins to their most recent versions and test if the issue still occurs?

Also, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Are customers getting a confirmation of order and is payment processed? Are they seeing any error messages?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jaime,

In all my open tickets I have the most recent version of all of your plugins. You can see this in the support info I shared.

No, the users don’t see an error. the form is filled out, then redirect to PayPal happens and the payment is made, but the form nor the ticket purchase is being saved. So, the client has purchases coming in through PayPal, but no idea who is making them, other than the PayPal emails. In this case, there are critical questions being asked in the registration, but those aren’t being captured due to this issue.

I turned on logs and will send in a day once they collect some data.

Micha

Hi Micha,

In your system information, these are the versions I am seeing:

Event Tickets Plus version 4.7.2
    Event Tickets version 4.7.3.1
    The Events Calendar PRO version 4.4.26
    The Events Calendar version 4.6.17

However we are currently on these versions:

Event Tickets Plus version 4.7.3
    Event Tickets version 4.7.3.1
    The Events Calendar PRO version 4.4.27
    The Events Calendar version 4.6.18

I am also seeing some theme-related errors, can you confirm that you have tested this with a WordPress default theme, like ‘Twentyseventeen’?

And just to clarify, there is no record of these orders in the Attendees tab or anywhere else?

Let me know how debugging goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jamie,

So, I just updated The Events Calendar version 4.6.18. Pro and Tickets Pro and NOT showing on my site as having a new version when I go to the update tab.

Also, and more relevant, the issue and the timelines make these irrelevant updates. First, the issue on the first three events published did NOT occur, as mentioned above. then, the later events started having this issue, however no updates to anything were made in the middle. Not one.

Secondly, all the updates here appear to be related to Event Brite according to the dev notes. Not sure it would help anyways.

Where does that leave us?

Micha

Micha McLain
    Participant

Update, while logically, this update wouldn’t have anything to do with it since it worked, then stopped all with the same previous version, I did do a manual update of everything as requested. The issue is still there.

Let me know what to try next.

Micha

Hi Micha,

It’s worth noting here that with a multi-site install that is not network activated, you may have to manually update your plugins, and will not receive notifications that updates are available.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/multisite-license/

I am also seeing some theme-related errors, can you confirm that you have tested this with a WordPress default theme, like ‘Twentyseventeen’?

And just to clarify, there is no record of these orders in the Attendees tab or anywhere else?  Does this happen on all of your events?

Also, what host are you using?

Have you had a change to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

This reply is private.

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jaime,

Replies:

Multisite License – yes, I figured that out. We’re only using it on 2-3 sites currently, but if we get these bugs worked out, we may delay network side and get the unlimited license. We can’t do that under these conditions though.

Debug log – replied privately with link. Since it’s a multisite, and a large one at that, the logs will be rather large but I didn’t want to trim anything out.

Host – we are currently on Cloudways using a Digital Ocean stack

Theme related errors – So, yes and no. I have not ran through a purchase using the default theme. However, and this is huge, I very clearly told you that the first thee events published worked. they worked perfectly. Now, for some reason, the next ones published do not (12 of them). If this was theme caused, then that would have also been evident in the first three. So, at this time, I’m not going to switch and test something that isn’t the cause logically. The amount of effort to do this isn’t worth it.

Attendee Records – Please see above AND the initial bits of information on this thread. I’ve clearly stated several times now that the first three events DID WORK… and now the

Other notes – it’s worth noting here that since 3 events worked, then a week later the next 12 don’t, that no one changed any themes, plugins, snippets, etc. anywhere. The code base on this network is strictly controlled due to the nature of the client. I did, however, update the plugins at your request yesterday, but that was AFTER the failure.

Please let me know what is next.

Best,
    Micha

Hi Micha,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

I see in your error log that there may be a WordPress database error, which references your theme.  I understand that you do not want to deactivate your theme, however another option would be for you to install the third-party plugin, Health Check, which can mimic a bare WordPress install while your site visitors still see your site the way that it normally appears.

Let me know if that is something that you can do, and how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jaime,

This is frustrating to me, but we keep missing the fact that this worked for over a week using the same theme, the same plugins, the same everything. I’m all for trying new things, but if the theme didn’t change, then why did it work and then stop working? Why is it STILL working for a couple other sites in the same network?

If you can answer those questions in a logical way that illustrates how it could be working still for some users and did work for this user, but then suddenly stop all with the same theme version AND be caused by the theme, then I will most gladly do this testing.

Until then, I’m going to go under the logical assessment that it can’t be the theme if it’s still working for another user and it did for this user. My best guess is some cache change and/or something change with PayPal. But the plugs and themes don’t seem likely under what I’ve been saying.

Please advise.

Micha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘Checkout using Ticket Plus stopped working (no e-comerce)’ is closed to new replies.