Can't set a price or a sale price for my tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't set a price or a sale price for my tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I am having the probelme as this user:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-put-a-price-on-tickets/

But no solution was posted so I don’t know what to do.

Since the upgrade, I can no longer ‘edit in woocommerce.’ There is some rsvp function which I don’t really want or understand, but more importantly I can’t save the price of the ticket. I have entered my price and saved it a bunch of times, and it reverts back to zero. Also the product editor does not show this product. (i searched by number and title and it’s just not there, so there is no ticket, not even a free one.)

Not sure about a plugin conflict, but my theme was built for Events and Woocommerce (Eventica), and I can’t do any experimentation until the night time hours, when users aren’t on the site. I only use premium plugins and I haven’t put anything new in for ages. From what i can see, the Events plugin is what is different.

Geoff B.

Good evening Abigail and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you have been experiencing with tickets since you upgraded.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Although the problem does look very similar, in reality the cause is potentially quite different. So, let’s make sure we leave no stone unturned here as we troubleshoot this as fast as possible.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

I totally understand what you are saying in regards of not being able to test for conflicts until later at night.

There are a couple of ways you could go about this:

1. Try installing WordPress locally (using XAMP, WAMP or MAMP) and copying your site over
    2. At the very least, temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme to see if the issue persists (while using a Maintenance / Coming soon page)

Best regards,

Geoff B.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Abigail,

Thank you for your answer, for sharing your system information and for letting us know that support is not meeting your expectations.

I totally understand where you are coming from. This type of issue can be quite frustrating.

Unfortunately, our policy does not allow us to log in to clients websites for several reasons, including liability.

Please know that I actually share the same goal as you: fix the issue in the least amount of time possible.
    Since there is such a wide-range of issues and WordPress installs out there, this is typically best accomplished by a team effort between ourselves and our awesome customers.

If any given point you are not confortable with a request in that collaborative effort, it is totally OK. We will then try to find another way.

In that context, my suggestion of having a local install was only offered as a solution to workaround the fact that you cannot run the testing for conflicts procedure on your live site and that I do not believe you have a testing / staging environment.

If you are curious, you can read all about what our support entails here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

With that in mind, based on your system information, I believe I have found the reason why you are no longer able to edit your WooCommerce tickets.

In order to be able to use WooCommerce tickets properly with our Calendar, the following are required:

1. The Events Calendar free plugin
    2. The Event Tickets free plugin (which provides the RSVP functionality that you are not using – you can just ignore it for now)
    3. The Event Tickets Plus premium plugin (which should replace our legacy WooCommerce Tickets plugin) which extends The Event Tickets free plugin and allows tickets to go through WooCommerce

From your system information, it looks like:

• You are still using WooTickets which is no longer compatible with our plugins and might explain your current issues. Here is a guide to upgrade to Event Tickets Plushttps://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/
    • I am not seeing either the Events Calendar in your system information, which could mean:
      1. That these are actually included in your WordPress theme (since I do not own Eventica)
      2. That the system information provided is not complete (you might have to scroll down as you copy-paste)

This means that the following 2 steps should be:

1. Upgrading to Event Tickets Plus as per the instructions above
    2. Re-sending the complete system information to make sure I am not missing any valuable info

Best regards and thank you for your understanding,

Geoff B.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Abigail,

Thank you for your response, for being transparent and for the complete system information.

Before we continue, I would like to reiterate that I absolutely understand how frustrating your issue must be.
    Please know that we do try our best to get the fastest resolution possible by tag teaming with our customers.

That being said, as outlined previously, based on our support policy (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/) it might take up to 24 – 48 hours for replies. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing for you.

Furthermore, I am sincerely sorry to hear about the loss of revenue.

Contrary to your belief, our main points of focus when programming updates are to:

• Stay compatible with the latest versions of WordPress and of other plugins we interact with such as WooCommerce
    • Provide our customers with highly requested extra features
    • Patch bugfixes and any vulnerability found

Unfortunately, sometimes this will break certain workflows or customizations.

As you might guess, it is certainly not intended on our end.
    If nothing else, we have nothing to gain from that.

In fact, this reality is true of WordPress itself and of any WordPress theme or plugin out there.
    Updates can have pretty dramatic unintended consequences and break what is in place.

In order to prevent such a thing from happening in the future, I would highly recommend setting up a staging/test server or even a local WordPress installation. This would ensure that update issues are found elsewhere than on your transactional website. I would even gladly offer to help you with that once we have settled the issue at hand.

But back to the most important part: solving your issue.

Short term, it looks like there is something in Eventica or in your Eventica child that is preventing you from using WooCommerce tickets in the context of Event Tickets Plus (most likely a customization that needs updating).

Since I am working the nightshift today, here’s what I would like to offer:

1. Please send me a zip file containing Eventica and your Eventica child theme in a .zip file – I will take a look at it and get back to you in the next few hours.
    2. In the meantime, the only “fix” (which might impact the way things are displayed) would be to temporarily rename the /tribe-events/ folders found in both Eventica and you Eventica child theme to something like /z_tribe-events/

This will most likely remove any broken customization that is preventing the WooCommerce tickets from being available to you.

Hopefully this will all be over very soon!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

Here is the child theme. I am having trouble because the theme file is too bog

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hello Abigail,

Thank your for the files.

I just spent a good amount of time running every possible scenario and testing things out.
    I was not able to reproduce the issue you are experimenting unfortunately.

The good news is that means that we can rule out the theme conflict theory.

Here is my best working theories. I don’t have all the information here, so I might be wrong. Please feel free to correct my assumptions.

If I am not mistaking:

• Your faulty tickets were created while you were using the wootickets plugin
    • I am not sure if you actually went through the following procedure as you were upgrading ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/
    • In the case you did not, this could explain why your tickets got “corrupted” and assigned the RSVP option
    • If that is not the case, it does look like these specific tickets are not repairable any way
    • I would advise in trying to create new tickets from scratch and see if they are indeed editable as they should be
    • If that works, the quickest solution at this point will be to create new tickets to replace the corrupted one

Let me know how that goes.

I will be exceptionally checking this thread over the weekend.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I doubled checked my steps that I went through the correct procedure for changing over to the new Plugin. As far as I can tell, I followed the steps to order.

I took your advice and created new events after the plugin upgrade (although I actually created all my events I am trying to add a ticket for after I changed over.) Nothing.

I have the exact same problem. I cannot add a ticket, I cannot edit the price, no product appears in Woocommerce after I create a ticket, and the price always defaults back to zero. No option to buy a ticket appears on the events. Just rsvp:

I feel like I am in kinda deep shit here. Thoughts?

Abigail

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't set a price or a sale price for my tickets’ is closed to new replies.