Can't set a price or a sale price for my tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't set a price or a sale price for my tickets

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Abigail,

Thank you so much once again for all of your very valuable feedback.
    It certainly helps us grow and improve.

I think what may have happened is that I might have first chosen the RSVP when adding the tickets, and then once you do that, you can’t change your mind and opt for Woo Commerce.

That is 100% correct. Once you create an RSVP ticket you can’t convert it to a WooCommerce ticket. We are sorry for the confusion this created.

In fact, we are working on a fix to prevent this from happening in the future.

Your points are well taken regarding the disclaimers about our service policies. Thank you for offering this insight.

when using the RSVp function, is there a way to get an email notification (the way I receive one for tickets)?

I am guessing you are referring to email notifications to the admin.

Built-in, that feature is unfortunately not included.

But a lot of our customers have decided to use the following plugin to accomplish just that: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bnfw/

As an alternative, you could also hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

The thing is that the plugin worked perfectly before I changed it over. If someone ordered anything, I got an email notification. (So that I was aware there was an order.) At the moment, I am aware that a ticket order has been placed because I am still getting a notfication when I receive payment (from Paypal for example, or another payment gateway). But if I have a free event I wouldn’t know that new order was placed.

I wouldn’t love to keep bothering you, but I am sure this has something to do with the change from wootickets to the new plugin.

Can you confirm if you changed the order status of the WooCommerce order to “Complete” on these tickets ?
    The reason I am asking is that the tickets are not sent until that is the case.

Yes. But my problem is not with receiving tickets. It is with receiving the notifications I was getting before. And so I pointed out the email situation because anything that started happening after the change seemed relevant.

Best,
    Abigail

Geoff B.

Good evening Abigail,

Thank you for writing back.

My apologies for confusing this with the ticket email itself. For the record, as it is my job and pleasure to help you, please know that you are not bothering me. In fact, I would like nothing more than to be able to iron out the last few glitches you are experiencing.

Based on what you have told me so far, you are absolutely right. Things worked perfectly for you prior to the upgrade form WooTickets to Event Tickets Plus. There is no argument there.

With that in mind, let’s focus on the last issue you are experiencing, which is that you are not receiving notifications from WooCommerce when a ticket order is placed.

This can be due to a number of things, including WordPress, Bluehost and even WooCommerce updates.

In any case, I am much more interested in the resolution of this than the cause. The faster we can fix it, the more time you can spend on non website related matters 🙂

I am not sure if you are receiving notifications for other WooCommerce purchases (which would be a good test to run).
    But, as I suggested before your best bet is to not use WordPress built-in mailing as a first step, but ensure emails get sent through a proper email address.

As a side note, I personally set up a ton of WooCommerce websites for my clients and I always make sure to have that specific plugin (or an equivalent one) installed. Based on extensive experience, on most servers and web hosts this is the fastest and surest way to do things.

Would you mind giving this a shot and letting me know how this goes ?

If you need help setting this up, I’ll be able to pitch in.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

tlsfrankfurt
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't set a price or a sale price for my tickets’ is closed to new replies.