Can’t import anything from Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Can’t import anything from Facebook

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tina
    Participant

I have had ongoing issues with my scheduled imports. But after the last update my import screen looks completely different and I can’t import anything from Facebook. I tried refreshing my connection to Facebook. I have not yet tried deactivating all my other plugins – I haven’t changed anything.

Courtney

Hello Tina

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?ย  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.ย  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard ยป Updates).ย 

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests. If so, then we will know we’ve got a bug report happening with EA.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina
    Participant

I have switched to Twenty Seventeen and have deactivated everything non-Events-Calendar. Problems:

1. I still can’t import anything new, although my scheduled imports seem to be working. I get the same message in the image that I previously attached.

2. I cannot add venues whose venue does not import and for some events I can’t edit the venue (but some I can). It is just not there. I have attached an image.

3. Many event venues are not importing (this has been an ongoing issue). This is taking me an enormous amount of time to correct so events appear on the map.

4. Something I noticed awhile back: I can no longer manually run a scheduled update.

Courtney

Hi Tina

Wow, I’m so sorry this is happening. The scheduled imports does seem to be a known bug, and I will flag this thread so that you are notified when a solution is available. The venues issue is very weird though. Can you share the Facebook page that you are trying to import from? I’d like to test that locally myself.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina
    Participant

In regards to the venue issue, here are two examples:

http://www.facebook.com/grassrootsnetworkil
    http://www.facebook.com/leftoutdupage

Some of the venues have not been importing for awhile. However, the issue of not being able to add a venue at all or edit it is new and is frustrating.

Also, not being able to add single events or new pages is also really problematic.

Courtney

Hi Tina

I just tried importing events from both pages listed, 150+ and 50+ from both sites. Of that, I only had 1 missing a venue and used the Fix Venue to correct it. How many venues were you getting error notifications for?

Also, last night we shipped a hotfix for The Events Calendar that may correct your ability to add single events. Can you update and let me know if that works?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Nico

Hi there Tina,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release โ†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t import anything from Facebook’ is closed to new replies.