Can't display any tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't display any tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi there guys,

I’ve followed instructions re viewing tickets (Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets) as well as instructions for DK PDF:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/view-print-download-pdf-tickets/

I click on either option (View Tickets in Attendees List or View Tickets in the Event itself from frontend), but it doesn’t display any tickets or barcodes – I just get the normal home page or event page.

Additional info
    – clicking on “view tickets” opens a new window that says mydomain.com/?tribe_view_ticket_order=(ordernumber).
    – DK PDF isn’t showing the additional menus I think it should; it only displays a few of the tabs that appear in your options.
    – My tickets are displayed on custom post type (not a tribe event), but I’m not sure that should matter, as there’s the ETPlus option to sell tickets on any type of page/post type.

Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon!

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Adam and welcome back!

Sorry for the delay.
    You are right, unfortunately we do not offer support during weekends.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

– clicking on “view tickets” opens a new window that says mydomain.com/?tribe_view_ticket_order=(ordernumber).

Actually, this is a 2 step process.

1. Clicking on the first link brings you to mydomain.com/eventname/tickets
    2. Clicking on the link found on that page (View ticket) does bring you to mydomain.com/?tribe_view_ticket_order=(ordernumber)

Normally step 2 should result in your ticket displaying.

Since that is not your case, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

– DK PDF isn’t showing the additional menus I think it should; it only displays a few of the tabs that appear in your options.

That is very odd. Normally, 2 things happen:

1. You do get an additional checkbox under Events -> Settings -> Tickets to include the PDF button
    2. You have all the normal DK PDF options here mydomain.com//wp-admin/admin.php?page=dkpdf_settings

<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>Can you check both places ?</span>

– My tickets are displayed on custom post type (not a tribe event), but I’m not sure that should matter, as there’s the ETPlus option to sell tickets on any type of page/post type.

You are correct, that should not matter.

<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>Let me know how that goes.</span>

Geoff B.

Adam
    Participant

Hi there Geoff. Thanks for your help. I set up a staging server, pulled everything right back to zero, slowly added the ETP and associated plugins, with PDF, but unfortunately still not displaying a ticket at all. Just goes to a blank home page.
    That said, it’s certainly generating the tickets, because emailed barcodes are working.
    I’ve spent a good 6-8 hours.. I’m stumped.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

This reply is private.

Adam
    Participant

Hi Geoff, thanks for your reply – are we perhaps able to work through it whilst we’re both here?
    We’re getting a bit desperate as no one can self-serve to get their tickets – we’re having to manually resend them one by one

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't display any tickets’ is closed to new replies.