cannot import from FB

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator cannot import from FB

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bart
    Participant

When importing a single FB-event, we get an vague error message without any details.
    How can we troubleshoot this?

https://www.facebook.com/events/561092140756297/

Events cannot be imported because we received an error from Facebook:

Bart
    Participant

After further investigating, it seems the problem is not with a particular FB-event, but rather with all events. If I look into Scheduled Imports or History I see that all imports have a red exclamation mark next to them stating “import failed”

Cliff

Hi, Bart.

Sorry you’re experiencing this. Does it work for you when doing a one-time import from this Facebook URL instead of a recurring import?

Bart
    Participant

No, one time import gives this error:

Scheduled import gives the red exclamation mark and the error:

import failed

Also, while an import is scheduled, the interface looks a bit weird (probably unrelated)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Bart.
    Cliff

Bart, https://www.facebook.com/events/561092140756297/ is not a valid Facebook event at this time (maybe you deleted it?)

If you want me to try another Facebook event link that’s not working for you, I can.

However, given that I tried one for someone else earlier this week and it worked fine–and that your loading progress bar looks wonky–I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Bart
    Participant

Before spending a lot of time debugging this, can you explain why the FB-event above is not a valid one? It looks very standard in my browser and is publicly available.

Also, why does the plugin not give a more detailed error. It seems there should be details following the colon but there aren’t.

Finally, we have a long list of scheduled imports. They use to work perfectly, until we switched from Facebook Events to the new Aggregator. Now, we have a long list of red exclamation marks. Can you confirm this is not normal? Or does this indicate no events where found?

Cody
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve had the same issue, see the thread .. There is supposedly a fix coming in the next update, but no time frame given .. I have three sites using this plugin and about to abondon it as it all has to be done manually at this point .. You can see the comments in the thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/error-importing/

Also, FB events are not importing the image with them as per this last update, so another big bug .. May be a good idea to come back to this plugin down the road rather than paying for imports that don’t work.

Good luck!

Cliff

I visited your link and it results in this for me: https://cl.ly/2Z3H3d161E2L

Is that the correct link?

Could you also hover over the red exclamation point(s) to share the message(s) there.

Bart
    Participant

Hi,

Weird: this FB-event has the correct URL, and it’s showing up correctly in my browser. It’s also a Public Event.

I have now tried one-time FB-imports with 5 different events from various pages, and they all fail.

Also, when looking at the red exclamation marks for Scheduled imports, one of them reads: The import fail for an unknown reason. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact support.

At the moment, the plugin doesn’t work at all and is useless. Is an update forthcoming?

Cliff

Bart, we’re continually releasing bug fixes and enhancements.

Although the messaging isn’t necessarily always very insightful (something we will be improving in time), I can’t fully troubleshoot this issue with you if the Facebook link doesn’t even work for me.

Do you know others on Facebook who could maybe try loading the Facebook link and see if it at least loads for them?

Or maybe you could just link me to the overall page/group that this event is part of and the title of an event that is failing for you? Then I can try to navigate to it and see if it imports for me.

Please let me know however you think I can best help going forward, and, again, sorry you’re experiencing these frustrations.

Cliff

Bart, I heard from another user who had generic-sort of error messages from Facebook… they said disconnecting Facebook in Event Aggregator’s settings and then reconnecting Facebook worked for them. I’d suggest trying that and testing it out, since it’s an easy thing to try and might just be what’s needed here. If it doesn’t work, please refer back to my previous comment.

Thanks.

Bart
    Participant

Hi, you are right. That fixed the issue!

Cliff

Excellent!

Sorry that happened for you.

Thanks for confirming this worked for you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘cannot import from FB’ is closed to new replies.