Calendars will not advance to the next month.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendars will not advance to the next month.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John Williams
    Participant

When you are on an individual athletic team’s page and you click “full schedule” it brings you to a full team calendar. When you try to advance to the next month, it stays on the current month.

This happens on our athletics calendars which are linked through their individual team pages from the athletics page.

Cliff

Hi, John. Sorry you’re experiencing this, and thanks for the detailed instructions.

I was able to reproduce this on your site; however, I wasn’t able to reproduce it on my localhost testing site.

This isn’t currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Colm
    Participant

Hi Cliff

My website encountered the same problem on 11th January and still isn’t working.

So has this person: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/next-and-previous-button-not-working/

Cliff

Colm, I compared John’s System Information Report (this thread) with that thread you linked to and that one’s didn’t have any of the same plugins and version numbers so I didn’t find anything consistent between the two.

Please open your own new, separate thread so we can handle each user’s situation and fully work through them.

Thank you.

===

John, I’ll await your reply to my previous reply to you.

Thank you.

John Williams
    Participant

We are now able to advance to the next month, but only after clicking the new month twice. We are reviewing your notes again, and will see if we can get it to be fully functional. Will update as soon as it is fully fixed or all suggested tests/updates have been run.

Cliff

Thank you, John.

We’ll see if we find any commonalities amongst these reports or if they turn out to be coincidental conflicts with some plugins, themes, or settings.

Please do keep me updated.

John Williams
    Participant

This is still an issue, and as it turns out, has been since installing the plugin. This is from our developer:

Since the start it has been like this.
    Sometimes we can advance or go back properly on one click.
    Sometimes we can but by 2 or 3 clicks and sometimes no advancement is possible.

Even when we are able to advance or go back by one / two clicks on the next change or click it doesn’t change the month again.

All plugins are up to date with their latest versions.

Thank you for continuing to track this.

Cliff

Sorry to hear that.

Please share your System Information while in Testing for Conflicts Mode in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendars will not advance to the next month.’ is closed to new replies.