Calendar import from google missing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Calendar import from google missing events

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    devdept
    Participant

The imports started running again after we made this change but one of the imports is runnning constantly. It is the Shallowford Presbyterian Calendar. Also, we had 4 other import jobs: Music, MBSR, Youth, and SPW. The only one that is visiable is SPW. The others are missing. History is only showing the last 4 imports. I do not know what is going on but it is all messed up! Please help!

devdept
    Participant

The imports started running again after we made this change but one of the imports is runnning constantly. It is the Shallowford Presbyterian Calendar. Also, we had 4 other import jobs: Music, MBSR, Youth, and SPW. The only one that is visiable is SPW. The others are missing. History is only showing the last 4 imports. I do not know what is going on but it is all messed up! Please help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Nick,

Did you meanwhile update the plugins? We released new versions last week and earlier this week which should address these issues.

Also what you can try is delete your scheduled imports and set them up again, to start fresh.

Andras

devdept
    Participant

I did update the plugins, deleted all imports, then recreated them to start fresh. Now my imports are disappearing and there is very limited history. I had five imports that I created and only 2 remain. They just disappeared. Also history only shows 2 runs of the import. It should have days of history. They have all disappeared.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Nick,

I’m really sorry that the troubles don’t seem to end. I just want to assure you that I’m going with you all the way, and will do my best to help you get this fixed, and your site working properly.

Now my imports are disappearing and there is very limited history. I had five imports that I created and only 2 remain. They just disappeared.

I can think of several options here:

• You wanted to set up a scheduled import, but by mistake you just did a normal import.
    • You have a plugin that cleans up old posts or something and is accidentally killing the import record posts
    • Our plugin has a major fault

If you can share the urls you are trying to import I can test if I can set them up and if they run.

Also history only shows 2 runs of the import. It should have days of history. They have all disappeared.

This depends. When you delete a scheduled import, then all of its history is deleted as well. So if you deleted all scheduled imports, then you should see a blank history page.

One other note, once you manage to set up the scheduled imports, and if they don’t want to run automatically, then try both

define( 'ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', true );

and

define( 'ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', false );

in wp-config.php

Let me know what results you get. I’m anxiously waiting.

Cheers,
    Andras

devdept
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

devdept
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

The alternate cron only influences how the scheduled tasks of WordPress are run and shouldn’t have any other influence, definitely not removing scheduled imports. I’m more suspicious of Post Expirator.

With the category that is being imported, I’m not quite sure what is happening. When you make the export from google, it gets into that exported file, so somehow google is putting it there. Check if you see that url show up anywhere on the events page in google calendar. Potentially what you can also try is put in a category for the event; check what category shows up at the import (hopefully only the new one); then remove the category from the event in google calendar.

Another alternative: delete the current event series from google calendar and re-create it from scratch.

Hope this helps you move forward.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

To check Post Expirator go to Settings > Post Expirator > Defaults tab and look for the section with “Post Type: tribe-ea-record”. Set that to “Inactive”.

Here’s a screenshot.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

devdept
    Participant

I made the following plugins inactive: Bulk Delete & Post Expirator. I also changed the post expirator setting to incative for tribe-ea-record. The daily imports have not run since June 12 when I set them up. They display the wrong time but when I go in to edit it has the correct time. Why aren’t these imports running daily? We need them to run daily. I have visited our website and so have others so that should not be the problem.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I hear some good news there, the scheduled imports are not being deleted any more. Yeay!!! 🙂

Next is to get them to run automatically within the timeframe that you have set up.

They display the wrong time but when I go in to edit it has the correct time.

You mean for example they show “run daily”, but when you edit they show “run weekly”, or something similar? What happens if you open them for edit and just save it? Does it then show the proper saved time everywhere?

These are the things we need to check:

• Are you running the latest version of The Events Calendar? Version 4.5.5
    • What is your Event Aggregator System Status? You can find this at the bottom of the  Events > Help page and should look like this.
    • How are the scheduled imports set up to run? On demand or in a timely manner. (We can check this, as you have confirmed above. Just check the re-saving.)
    • Are any of the imports running or still none of them? What statuses do you get on the Events > Imports > History page?
    • What cron are you using now? Is it still define( ‘ALTERNATE_WP_CRON’, true ); ? What happens if you disable that?
    • Try setting up a brand new import (can be a small one with 1-2 events) with a 15-minute or half-hour schedule. Does that run as expected or also has issues?

Thanks for checking those! We’re getting close.

Andras

devdept
    Participant

We are back to the google calendar imports disappearing again. All 5 ran yesterdday. Today 2 of the imports are missing: Music and Shallowford Presbyterian disappeared. The Bulk Delete and the Post Expirator have been deactivated.

devdept
    Participant

Andras,

Also, we are no longer having issues with the imports running. The jobs are just disappearing at random. They’ve finally began to run when WP_ALTERNATE_CRON was disabled and WP_CRON was enabled, as well as when we updated the plugin.

devdept
    Participant

Here’s the answer to the questions you asked.

Are you running the latest version of The Events Calendar? Version 4.5.5- YES
    What is your Event Aggregator System Status? You can find this at the bottom of the Events > Help page and should look like this. My license is valid
    How are the scheduled imports set up to run? On demand or in a timely manner. (We can check this, as you have confirmed above. Just check the re-saving.) They are set up to run daily
    Are any of the imports running or still none of them? What statuses do you get on the Events > Imports > History page? 3 of 5 are still listed; no errors were listed on history
    What cron are you using now? Is it still define( ‘ALTERNATE_WP_CRON’, true ); ? What happens if you disable that? I removed the Alternate_wp_cron line of php and enabled WP_Cron. I also enabled the debug mode last week for you to fix the plugin.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar import from google missing events’ is closed to new replies.