Calendar import from google missing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Calendar import from google missing events

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    devdept
    Participant

I selected all and saved. When I run the import is only updating 5 events and added 1. Can you please try it and see if it updates more for you. I know there are so many events that have been added and changed.

devdept
    Participant

Andras,

Also, I’m now receiving a cURL 28 error after only 2 seconds of loading. What’s going on here?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I will try to run a scheduled import, give me some time to test that.

I selected all and saved. When I run the import is only updating 5 events and added 1.

Where did you do that “Select all”?

Also, I’m now receiving a cURL 28 error after only 2 seconds of loading. What’s going on here?

Are there more details to the error message? Can you share a screenshot? When are you receiving that message, what are you trying to do?

I’ll be back with my finding.

Thanks,
    Andras

devdept
    Participant

Please give us an update on your progress. Thank you! The import for Shallowford Presbyterian has not been working for a couple of weeks now and I would really like to get it resolved. I have no more details on the error message. I see it when I put my mouse over the red exclamation point, see attached screen shot. Just note: when it does run without an error it is only adding 1 event and it is missing a bunch of events that are in the preview. It is also only updating 5 events. It gives me the same statistics each time it runs (adds 1 event, updates 5). I reported this issue on April 17 and really need to get this resolved.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your patience!

I was running some tests with the feed and I ran into some issues with it as well. For me the import restarts every 4-5 minutes. And for me it’s 5 new and 5 updated.

I have to ask one of our developers to take a deeper look into these issues. I will do that with high priority and I will update you as soon as I have something. Please hang in there!

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

This is to let you know that we are working on this issue. The developer didn’t have any problems with importing the feed, neither with a manual, nor with a scheduled import.

On the curl error you are getting: it looks like the Event Aggregator client (your site) is not waiting enough for the server response and that is why you see the message. It might be that since you were having issues with the import, your hosting provider might have limited these connections that go out. You might want to check with them.

The other import issues we are still investigating. I’ll keep you updated.

Cheers,
    Andras

devdept
    Participant

Just to be clear, you are still working on trying to find out why the Shallowford Presbyterian import is only updating 5 events and adding 1 event? If you got this to work please send me the detail on how many events were updated/added.

Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Nick,

I am working on this together with a developer still. I’m still getting issues. The numbers vary, sometimes it’s 1-5, sometimes it’s 5-5. I just received something today from him that I need to test.

I’ll keep you posted. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

devdept
    Participant

Hey Andras,

I installed the development version of the plugin and something isn’t quite working right. It only seems to import 1 new event and is updating 5 events each time I try to run an import. I’m not sure the development plugin actually fixed anything…

I’m still missing events such as a Spiritual Retreat on November 1st as well as a couple of other test events throughout the calendar. I’m very disappointed and the client is getting very impatient as this has been going on for a month as of today. Could we just focus on the Shallowford Presbyterian Calendar and not the others. We aren’t having issues importing the other calendars, I believe we are just having issues with this one because its the largest of the calendars with 2,293 events.

Nico

Hey Nick,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 15th May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue (importing big chunks of events) ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-15th-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let Andras know if the new code helps or not for your case,
    Best,
    Nico

devdept
    Participant

We ended up deleting all the events from this import and recreating the import. We did this for 5 calendar imports that we use. They all ran and looked fine. I set them up to run daily but they did not run yesterday. I had to run them manually today. They appeared to run fine but I want them to run daily.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Happy to hear the imports ran all the way! That’s a step forward.

The scheduled imports run based on a cronjob, which needs a visit to the site to kick in. If there were no visitors to your site for a day or more, then the cronjobs and thus the scheduled imports don’t run.

Did any of the imports run automatically over the weekend by any chance?

Andras

devdept
    Participant

The import jobs have not run since I set them up on May 23. I ran them manually on May 25. They have not run since. we have had visitors to our site. What do I need to do to get them to start runnying daily.

Andras
    Keymaster

That is curious.

Please enable error logging for The Events Calendar. You can find that option under Events > Help and see what it gives you after some time.

Also you can add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', true );

Let’s see if that helps move things forward.

Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar import from google missing events’ is closed to new replies.