Calendar Event Pro widget events not linking

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Event Pro widget events not linking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Craig Grant
    Participant

Brian,
    A few days ago you provided me code to address the widget loading issue that was occuring when a user clicked the next or previous month arrows on the calendar widget. And I confirmed that the code you provided seemed to fix the issue so we agreed to close that ticket https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/calendar-pro-widget-not-loading-once-you-click-previous-or-next-month-arrows/#dl_post-1012527.

Well it appears that a new issue has surfaced which is the dates on which there are events on the calendar widget are displaying as dark grey and aren’t clicking to anything. It used to click/link to the full calendar display for that event.

Please provide me instructions how to fix this issue so that the calendar widget is fully operational, Thank you.

George
    Participant

Hey Craig,

Custom code snippets are something we offer when we can, to help resolve issues; but they’re not something we provide extended support for.

I just wanted to note this disclaimer – despite it, however, can you share a link directly to a page on your site where we can see the broken calendar widget in person? I’ll take a look and see what’s going on.

Thanks!
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    I provided the link to the prior ticket in which Brian provided code snippet to fix a problem with your widget not working properly. As this ticket indicated, it looks like it caused a new/different issue, but to clarify, your Calendar Pro Widget has not worked the entire time so if you are not able to fix it, as my prior thread indicated I would want a refund and find a new solution as so far it has been problematic and my client is not happy about it.
    The site url is http://www.ralsc.org

George
    Participant

Hey Craig,

The original snippets of code were things meant to try and help a conflict coming from elsewhere on your site; in other words our software is working fine, but bad code within your theme and/or another plugin on your site are causing a JavaScript error on the page itself. This JavaScript error “Cascades” down the DOM and thus prevents the JavaScript down below, with our widget, from working correctly.

Unfortunately when I went back to your site I see the same referenceError Brian originally reported, coming from this URL:

http://www.realtor.org/sites/default/files/js/js_mvOBx446W38-RJpaYEwgvv0BFizY3AMy01XNs0EZRlI.js

Do you have any caching plugins or caching configuration on your site? If so, disable it completely and clear all caches, then take a look at the issues with the Events Calendar Pro widgets and see if they persist.

I want to be clear that I’m not saying we can’t help you at all here, Craig – I’m sorry if things came across that way. I just wanted to mention our “official policy” to keep expectations reasonable.

One thing you mentioned in the last issue with Brian was that even if you removed your Realtor Widgets temporarily, issues with the Events Calendar Pro widgets persisted. Can you remove these widgets again? I’ll take a look at your site in this state and see what issues persist in the Console.

Thank you!
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

Hey George (or Brian),
    As you requested, I have removed the code for the realtor.org banners related to the error message, please recheck the site and also please provide me more detail or instructions regarding your comment on if I have any caching plugins or caching configuration on your site? If so, disable it completely and clear all caches. I have ensured that all the plugins on my site are up to date, but don’t know how to determine if any are caching.

George
    Participant

Thanks for removing that code Craig! I appreciate your patience here and know how frustrating issues like this can be.

As for caching plugins, you said that you have confirmed that the caching plugins on your site are all up to date – can you deactivate them on the “Plugins” page in your wp-admin, and then see if any things improve with the mini calendar widget?

If things do not improve, then leave all caching plugins deactivated. Then proceed with the following steps:

1. Share your system information with us as described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

2. Proceed with deactivating every other plugin on your site except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro – when your site is in this state where only these two plugins are active, do your issues persist?

The reason I recommend these steps is because there unfortunately seems to be a deeper conflict here. You can see evidence of this in the markup of the calendar widget on your site – it is missing the necessary link HTML. As proof of this, here’s markup of the mini calendar widget as it’s supposed to look:

Here’s the markup on your site:

So something’s going awry there; the steps I recommended above will help us determine what – hopefully.

Thanks for your patience and persistence here Craig!

Sincerely,
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

Hey George,
    I deactivated all the plugins except for the Event Pro Calendar and the calendar on my site is still not working (I would include screen shots if your ticket program allowed it) with the same issues as before I deactivated all the plugins. I can only leave it like this for a short period of time (as the client will not be happy to know they have broken things running on their live site. So please check this out asap so we know what the next step is.

Craig Grant
    Participant

Here is my system information, please address this asap as I have left the plugins deactivated all day and as my prior e-mail indicated the client/owner of this site is not happy about it especially the contact forms on their site being broken

http://www.ralsc.org
    INSTALL KEYS
    events-calendar-pro = 912fc3d1ff3c3d8c298f218488d79946b871add9
    WORDPRESS VERSION
    PHP VERSION
    PLUGINS
    The Events Calendar PRO version 3.12.2 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/20)
    The Events Calendar Shortcode version 1.0.11 by Dandelion Web Design Inc.(http://dandelionwebdesign.com)
    The Events Calendar version 3.12.3 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)
    NETWORK PLUGINS

MU PLUGINS

THEME
    theme47405
    MULTISITE

SETTINGS
    recurring_events_are_hidden = exposed
    previous_ecp_versions =
    Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    [1] => 3.8.1
    [2] => 3.9.1
    [3] => 3.9.2
    [4] => 3.9.3
    [5] => 3.11.2
    [6] => 3.12.1
    [7] => 3.12.2
    )
    latest_ecp_version = 3.12.3
    welcome_notice = 1
    last-update-message = 3.12.3
    defaultValueReplace =
    disable_metabox_custom_fields = hide
    pro-schema-version = 3.12.2
    earliest_date = 2013-10-03 09:00:00
    latest_date = 2013-10-03 12:00:00
    viewOption = month
    stylesheetOption = tribe
    tribeEventsTemplate =
    tribeEnableViews =
    Array
    (
    [0] => list
    [1] => month
    [2] => week
    [3] => day
    )
    tribeDisableTribeBar =
    hideLocationSearch = 1
    hideRelatedEvents =
    monthEventAmount = 3
    dateWithYearFormat = F j, Y
    dateWithoutYearFormat = F j
    monthAndYearFormat = F Y
    weekDayFormat = D jS
    dateTimeSeparator = @
    timeRangeSeparator = –
    datepickerFormat = 1
    tribeEventsBeforeHTML =
    tribeEventsAfterHTML =
    eventsDefaultOrganizerID = 4980
    eventsDefaultVenueID = 4981
    eventsDefaultAddress = 3001 State Road 19 South
    eventsDefaultCity = Tavares
    eventsDefaultState = FL
    eventsDefaultProvince =
    eventsDefaultZip = 32778
    defaultCountry =
    Array
    (
    [0] => US
    [1] => United States
    )
    eventsDefaultPhone = 352-343-3003
    tribeEventsCountries =
    donate-link = 1
    postsPerPage = 4
    liveFiltersUpdate = 1
    hideSubsequentRecurrencesDefault =
    userToggleSubsequentRecurrences =
    recurrenceMaxMonthsBefore = 24
    recurrenceMaxMonthsAfter = 24
    showComments =
    showEventsInMainLoop =
    eventsSlug = events
    singleEventSlug = event
    multiDayCutoff = 00:00
    defaultCurrencySymbol = $
    reverseCurrencyPosition =
    embedGoogleMaps = 1
    geoloc_default_geofence = 25
    geoloc_default_unit = miles
    embedGoogleMapsZoom = 10
    debugEvents =
    schema-version = 3.12.3
    week_view_hide_weekends =
    enable_month_view_cache =
    WORDPRESS TIMEZONE

SERVER TIMEZONE
    UTC

George
    Participant

Hi Craig,

Screenshots can be shared by simply uploading the images to a site like Imgur.com, Flickr.com, or CloudUp.com, and then you can share links to those screenshots here.

As for the plugin testing, I appreciate you doing this. If you activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve, deactivate that “The Events Calendar Shortcode” plugin, and then add the mini calendar widget somewhere in the Twenty Twelve theme, does it work correclty?

If you don’t have Twenty Twelve specifically, you can use any other default theme – they all use the “Twenty Something” naming convention, so Twenty Thirteen, Fourteen, or Fifteen would work fine for this step as well.

Thank you!
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    Before I go ahead and change the theme to one of the 2012 ones as you requested, please confirm that once I switch it back to my current theme I won’t lose any work or configuration/settings that have been done to the current theme. There are a lot of things that have been applied that can not be lost, plus this site is live so would need to be reapplied right after doing your test if we were to do it. If there is any risk of an issue here we would just want our money back and find an alternative solution as this has become way more involved than we expected and our client/site owner is growing increasingly frustrated with the length of time it has taken

George
    Participant

Hi Craig,

I can understand the concerns for sure, but in general for most themes if the themes are coded correctly, simply changing the theme will not wipe out the structure of a site or anything like. Any settings you have set for The Events Calendar / Events Calendar Pro, for example? They’ll be fine. Things you’ve set in the “customizer” if your theme supports it? If coded correctly, should be fine.

Most of the time, activating or deactivating theme usually entails just some things like dragging some widgets back into place; you might also need to re-choose some page templates on given pages. Otherwise the changes should not be destructive.

This is of course totally your call – if you’d like a refund and made your purchase within the last 30 days, we can issue a refund immediately and I will do that. If you’d like to proceed, let us know what you find by activating a default theme and adding the Events Calendar Pro mini calendar widget to it.

If simply activating the default theme does not seem to make things work, then leave the default theme active – then proceed with deactivating all plugins except for just The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro, and see if things are improved at all.

Let me know what you think!

— George

Craig Grant
    Participant

George,
    The client/site owner is pretty unhappy and has stated they will not provide permission to deactivate the current theme to try the test you suggested (installing it on twenty-twelve). Further, I checked and I have the calendar event pro installed on another site that is using a totally different theme and it too is having issues (the dates on the calendar widget don’t click to anything on that site as well). So at this point, unless you have an immediate fix for this, I think we are just going to have to request the full refund of the purchase and I will find an alternative calendar widget for both sites. Please let me know what the next step is to go this route. Thank you.

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear about this Craig, genuinely. I do not recreate your issues and thus don’t have an immediate fix I can share at this time. I’m really sorry about all this trouble and the frustration from this – it seems like your purchases happened more than 30 days ago, so a fully refund may not be possible. Or it at least might just take us some more time to process than normal – however, we’re happy to our best to refund you and to do that please forward your original order receipt email to us at [email protected].

By “order receipt” I do not mean something like your PayPal receipt, I mean the receipt from http://theeventscalendar.com directly – it features your “order number” prominently, for example.

Sincerely,
    George

Craig Grant
    Participant

This reply is private.

Craig Grant
    Participant

Hey Brian &/or George,
    Seeing as I don’t seem to get any of the responses from your ticket system via e-mail and the message I did yesterday was private, I figured I would repost it public. Please get back to me on this asap. Thank you.

Hey Brian,
    I have great news, after doing some site updates and removing and then adding the widget back in, it worked! So that is good news. One quick question, I have already paid for a site license for ralsc.org ($60) and omcar.com ($89) and I see you guys have an agency package of 3 sites for $149 or an unlimited package for $299. So I wanted to see if we could upgrade my current account to an agency (as I have already paid $149) or if you could give me a good discount on the unlimited to to all of the issues I have had with it. Please let me know asap as I need to add another site today thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Event Pro widget events not linking’ is closed to new replies.