Calendar Pro Widget not loading once you click previous or next month arrows

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Pro Widget not loading once you click previous or next month arrows

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Craig Grant
    Participant

The event calendar widget (calendar view and list view) are working/loading fine, but once the user clicks on the previous or next month arrow links the name of the month disappears, replaced by the spinning loader image and it never changes to the next or previous month. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues. I can help out.

I visited your site and see what you mean.

I am getting this error in the console, which looks to be causing the issue:

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    http://www.realtor.org/sites/default/files/js/js_mvOBx446W38-RJpaYEwgvv0BFizY3AMy01XNs0EZRlI.js
    Line 31

Can you see about fixing that error and if that helps.

Let me know.

Thanks

Craig Grant
    Participant

Brian,
    We looked in our directory files and are not finding any reference to the url your provided and from what we can tell that is pulling from an external site. So please either provide much better detail/instructions or provide us something else to do to address this issue as the Events Pro Calendar widget is still having loading issues. Thank you.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like it is coming from the Realtor Widget on your site.

See if removing those widgets helps the issue as it is them that is causing the error.

Or you can run through our testing for conflicts guide and see if that narrows down the issue for you:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find out.

Craig Grant
    Participant

Brian,
    First I removed all of the code regarding those NAR image (1 by 1 and all of it) in the home page template and that did not fix the home page calendar widget loading issue.

Then I disabled all of the widgets other than Event Calendar Pro and it still did not fix the issue.

So I have followed your advice and the home page calendar widget continues to not load once a user clicks the next or previous month arrows. Please help me on this asap or we will have to request a refund and get a different solution as this has been negatively impacting our site for awhile now.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for doing the testing.

I took a look at your source coding again and see your theme is loading an old version of jQuery:

http://www.ralsc.org/wp-content/themes/CherryFramework/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js

WordPress ships with jQuery 1.11.3 and that is the version we support.

So that looks to be the issue since the widgets testing did not find a problem there.

The best way to resolve this is to update your theme or the Cherry FrameWork in your theme to the latest version, but I am not sure how possible that is if the theme was customized.

Another option is try this coding in your theme’s functions.php:

// Remove themes old version of jQuery and load a compatible version
    if ( ! is_admin() ) {
    add_action( "wp_enqueue_scripts", "my_jquery_enqueue", 11 );
    }
    function my_jquery_enqueue() {
    if ( ! $guessurl = site_url() )
    $guessurl = wp_guess_url();

wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
    wp_register_script( 'jquery', $guessurl . '/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js', array(), '1.11.3' );
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );

}

This worked for me to load the latest version of jQuery shipped with WordPress. It could work for you, but I would backup your site before adding it and it is unclear how the other scripts on your site will react and if it might create new problems so I would be prepared to test for other issues.

That is about all I have for fixing a theme loading an old version of jQuery and I am limited in fixing 3rd party coding beyond this. So if you would like a refund please follow our policy outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

And we can take care of it. Thanks

Craig Grant
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Thank you for your quick response. I added the code you provided to the functions.php file for the cherry theme and it paritally fixed the issue. Now when you click on the arrows for next or previous month, it no longer has the loading issue it did previously but the links for them are /# or a null url. Is there a way to fix this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like some of the scripts on the site uses $() and some start with jQuery(). WordPress supports the later, so the script I gave is breaking the $() scripts.

This script might help load a version of jQuery that prevents this. Remove the first script I gave and then try this in its place:

// Remove themes old version of jQuery and load a compatible version
    if ( ! is_admin() ) {
    add_action( "wp_enqueue_scripts", "tribe_jquery_enqueue", 11 );
    }
    function tribe_jquery_enqueue() {
    wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
    wp_register_script( 'jquery', "http" . ( $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'] == 443 ? "s" : "" ) . "://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js", false, null );
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
    }

Let me know how that works out.

Thanks

Craig Grant
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    That fixed it, thank you so much for your prompt responses and more importantly for providing the solution!! Much appreciated.
    Craig

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it works!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Pro Widget not loading once you click previous or next month arrows’ is closed to new replies.