Attendee list for community events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Attendee list for community events

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Murphy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Murphy
    Participant

How can community event organizers (users who use the Community Events form to submit events) view the list of attendees for their respective events?

Hi Amir,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Have your organizers created tickets for these Community Events on the front-end with Community Tickets?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Murphy
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Yes organizers would create tickets for these Community Events on the front-end with Community Tickets. We have purchased Events Calendar PRO, Community Events, and Event Tickets Plus.

I was not sure why you’d need the complete system information. Are you suspecting a conflict or did you need to ensure that we have the right components?

I’m guessing my question is more related to the event calendar’s available features rather than an issue that needs to be troubleshooted.

Please let me know what exact details do you need in order to provide me with guidance on how to allow organizers view the attendee list for the events that they are organizing.

Thanks,
    Amir

Hi Amir,

Thank you for your response.  I was just looking to confirm what components you had and was interested in getting a sense of what your setup looked like.

Are you looking for more information about Community Tickets, since it is not part of your current setup?

With Community Events and Community Tickets, Organizers will be able to view their list of attendees on the backend of your site, however you can create custom roles with the integration of a third-party plugin, if you want in order to determine what capabilities Organizers will have.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Murphy
    Participant

Thank you for the information Jaime.

With Community Tickets are Organizers only able to view their list of attendees on the backend (admin portal) or it is possible to have a front-end page where they can view the information about their events’ attendees?

Hi Amir,

With Community Tickets, Organizers and all users can view the attendee list if you check this option.  It will allow for the attendee list to display publicly for each event.

Thanks,

Jaime

Murphy
    Participant

Would it be possible to only allow the organizers to view attendees? They should be able to contact their RSVPs with reminders or any notifications about the event via email, but emails/contact info should not be available publicly.

Hi Amir,

Out of the box, this would only be possible if you allowed your Organizers access to the backend of your site.  You could limit what they see on the backend, with the integration of a third-party plugin such as Members.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Thanks,

Jaime

Murphy
    Participant

With the Member plugging can we limit community organizers to only view attendees for their own events? They should not be able to see attendees for all the events that are available in the system.

I can see that the latest version of your calendar includes a “Who’s Attending” list on the event information page. It displays a list of attendees for that particular event while attendees can choose to not be listed on the public attendee list. Could you point me in the right direction for how that list is generated and how could I display full attendees info (regardless of their opt-out from public listing) for events that a community organizer has submitted?

This is a must have feature for my project and I am not going to be able to hire developers to make custom features so I have to find out how to develop that myself.

Thanks,
    Amir

Hi Amir,

After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

You can start off by taking a look at the /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/attendee-list.php.

If you’d prefer not to tackle this customization on your own, we <i>may</i> be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

In the meantime, if there is any more information you can share (including mocks) that will help us to better understand what you are seeking please do feel free to add them to this ticket.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks,

Jaime

Murphy
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I appreciate your offer to help. I think that I made good progress based on the information that provided and was able to pull the attendee information for each of the organizers.

You do not need to add this to you development queue at this point, but being able to ask questions has been extremely helpful and I’ll let you know if I have any further questions while working on this.

Thanks,
    Amir

Great, let me know if anything else comes up on the topic!

Murphy
    Participant

Hi!

I need to add a column to the community events My Events List page. I can see in the template-tags.php file where the columns are generated there is a piece of code that says:

/**
    * Allows developers to add more Columns on the My Events List page
    * @param array $columns [ $key => $label ]
    */
    $columns = apply_filters( ‘tribe_community_events_list_columns’, $columns );

Could you point me to any documentations that explains how to use this?

Hi Amir,

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to attempt the results that you are looking for.

You can also check out the following forum thread, which may have some useful information to point you in the right direction:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/set-default-columns-on-my-events-page/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee list for community events’ is closed to new replies.