All Events Link

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO All Events Link

• This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by twi.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    twi
    Participant

Hi,

When using shortcodes to display an event list, when you click the “All Events” link at the top it takes you back to the default auto generated events page not the page you came from. How do I change this?

Regards

Andy

Courtney

Hi Tom

I’d like to help troubleshoot this further. Could you send along your System Info and the website address where the widget is displayed so I can take a look?

Thanks,
    Courtney

twi
    Participant

Hi Courtney

I have clicked the share system info button in the help section.

The landing events page (please ignore the look) is here – http://twi.gaslamp.digital/events/

If you then click the find out more on the event you will then go to the event and if you click all events it will then take you to the old auto-generated events page (/events-old)

Regards

Courtney

Hi Tom

I think the best way to change the “All Events” link in this case would be to edit the single-event.php template where the link is located. You can find the template here:

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

The link is on line 28.

It’s also worth noting that you can override calendar templates in your theme directory (more on this in our Themer’s Guide) to prevent losing any changes on future plugin updates.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Courtney

twi
    Participant

Hi Courtney

Thank you for your email.

Is the the section I need to edit?

<p class=”tribe-events-back”>
    “> <?php printf( ‘« ‘ . esc_html_x( ‘All %s’, ‘%s Events plural label’, ‘the-events-calendar’ ), $events_label_plural ); ?>

If so what do I replace it with to add a link? for example the link would need to be – http://twi.gaslamp.digital/events/

Regards

Andy

Courtney

Hi Tom

Yes, line 28 should look like this for you:

<?php printf( '« ' . esc_html_x( 'All %s', '%s Events plural label', 'the-events-calendar' ), $events_label_plural ); ?>

Do walk through the Themer’s Guide for sure on this. To prevent plugin update conflicts, you will want to copy the file mentioned above and place it in a new folder in your theme.

Let me know if this works for you 🙂

Thanks,
    Courtney

twi
    Participant

Hi Courtney

I have made this change but as you will see the link works but is actually showing the code – http://twi.gaslamp.digital/event/become-a-black-belt-negotiator-eic-dubai/

Any reason for this?

Regards

Andy

Courtney

Hi Andy

I see that page as password protected. I’d be happy to take a look at it with the password for just that page. I’d prefer to not have login details.

You can reply to this privately as well.

Thanks,
    Courtney

twi
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Tom,

I see what the problem is now. When I paste code in here, it gets modified when I hit submit. Let’s try that again. Use this code please for line 28.

https://gist.github.com/courane01/24f380f4fb1ff8ae66795277ea56a763

Let me know if that fixes it. 🙂

Thanks,
    Courtney

twi
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Tom

Could you try targeting the CSS on the page with the shortcode using something like this:

.tribe-events-shortcode {
    line-height: 0!important;
    }

Notice that it says .tribe-events-shortcode.

That should get you started. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Courtney

twi
    Participant

Hi Courtney

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

That works in bringing the content up but it now loses the search bar – http://twi.gaslamp.digital/events/

Why would this disappear?

The page also still doesnt look like the old page I created with the default Events calendar plugin before we purchased pro.

Regards

Andy

Courtney

Hi Andy

I’d like to try getting some clarity. Why is the /events-old not a great solution now for you? Why do we need to use a shortcode for the /events page? I’m sure you’ve got a good reason in mind. I’d just like to understand that a little bit better.

Often when we see a shortcode in place of the generated /events page, it is so that additional shortcodes can be used on the same page.

I do see an error on /events. TypeError: Cannot set property ‘w’ of undefined. Likely this is due to a theme or plugin conflict, including customizations. You can learn more about how to spot these errors at https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis.

I’d suggest doing a Test for Conflicts again to see where the error message originates. Then see if we are having the same issues styling the /events page.

Keep me posted.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

twi
    Participant

Hi Courtney

The reason for using the shortcode was so that we had the ability to add a banner image at the top of the page.

Using the original method we didn’t have this option even though the look and feel was exactly what we were looking for.

Because /events-old was an auto-generated page by the plugin we didn’t have control over adding the banner image at the top as this was not a page we could physically edit if that makes sense?

Can you think of a way to use the old method and get a banner image at the top? this would be great to be able to do this.

Regards

Andy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘All Events Link’ is closed to new replies.