Affiliates and ticket sales
Thanks for reaching out! I’m glad to hear you’re liking The Events Calendar so far!
1) We’d like to include recurring events – I believe pro can do this?
Absolutely! I would recommend taking a look at this article for more detailed info on the recurring events feature.
2) We’d like a filter bar that can filter by type of event but also Town location (not venue location) – can the filter bar do this?
3) We’d like visitors to the site to be able to submit their own events to the calendar for approval and sell tickets – is this possible?
Yes! Community Events will let users submit events via a front end form, and they can sell tickets using Community Tickets (Event Tickets Plus is also required for Community Tickets to work). You do have the ability to choose the status that submitted events go into, so you can choose “Draft” to be able to review events before you publish them to the main calendar.
4) We’d like to be able to take commission on their ticket sales – how would this work?
This is also possible with Community Tickets. This article has more details on the types of fees you can collect and how they can be set up.
5) People that submit events to the calendar have asked us if they can also create tracked affiliate links – is this possible with an addon?
Neither Community Events nor Community Tickets has any specific link tracking functionality, but you may be able to use a third party plugin to add this feature.
I can definitely see how this feature would be useful, so I would recommend posting it over in our Feature Ideas Forum. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.
6) We’d like people to be able to favourite events and review them also – is this an addon?
There is a setting that will allow you to enable/disable event posts, but there is not currently an option to add events as favorites. Again, you may be able to get this functionality using a third-party plugin (I did a quick search and found this one, but I have not tested it out).
We do offer full refunds within 30 days if you’re not satisfied with the products, so feel free to test out some of our premium plugins/add-ons and see if they’ll work for you! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team