Adding Product Notes to Ticket Email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding Product Notes to Ticket Email

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Shelby
    Participant

Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately custom code for such specific requirements aren’t supported on these forums, and there is no “escalation.” Our forums are designed with the intention of troubleshooting issues with our plugins with their out of the box features, as configured with the most recent version of WordPress, an up to date default WordPress theme, and the other up to date versions of our suite of plugins, and also for fielding bug reports. Even the bit of CSS that I gave you earlier is a bit outside of the scope of our support here, but I was trying to help out since it seemed like a simple enough fix.

Please hire a freelancer if you need any other help with customizations like this one. We have some advice for finding one here.

Best,

Shelby

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Shelby,

If you’re really here just to support bugs, then I have a few for you…

1. Additional Attendees are not updated with changes to cart. This is true with both the Woocommerce backend and the Easy Digital downloads. Apparently this was reported as recent as 2016, but has still not been addressed in the version I installed.

2. Browser caching of cart information. With our tickets being completely checked out “as guest” with no login, there is absolutely no reason to be caching the cart. This is handled so terribly with the Woocommerce backend that I removed it and went with the EDD backend instead. If I close my browser and/or abandon a purchase, the expectation should be the user starting from scratch upon return to the site. Instead, upon return to the site, the user’s ticket count just keeps getting incremented…and loosing attendee information in the process as mentioned above.

3. Abandoned tickets reduce my available tickets and requires manual intervention to fix. This one is truly horrible! If someone doesn’t want a ticket and chooses to abandon the purchase, then I don’t see why this should reduce my available tickets. Reducing the count of available tickets should only occur for tickets that have been paid for!

Now, since I don’t expect you’re going to be able to solve these particular problems and since I am being forced to hire a developer to fix your issues, can you please tell me how to initiate a refund the money I was charged for support? The reason I am replacing Event Espresso with this product is because for one Event Espresso was taking up WAY too much of my time to configure, and manage all the band-aids needed just to make it work properly. It seems every single time I would pose a question to them, they would send me to stack exchange or tell me I needed to spend countless hours of my personal time digging around and fixing their code. This being even for the simplest of features (say, like hiding an address for a private event) which in my opinion should be a no-brainer for this type of product. I shouldn’t have to hire anyone to fix these types of issues when I am already paying support for the product.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Joseph,

Apologies for my delay here. I took some time off, and we didn’t quite have the coverage needed for the influx of threads we had while I was gone, so I really appreciate your patience!

We’re currently doing everything we can to a large number of bugs. (There are definitely a higher number right now than we’d like. It’s always tricky to balance new feature development with bug squashing!) We’re moving through plugin by plugin to get them down to a manageable amount right now.

Either way, I definitely understand if these bugs are deal breakers for you, and you can seek a refund from us using the form on this page. I will also be adding your thread to the bug tickets associated with this issues, and bump their priority accordingly.

Best,

Shelby

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Product Notes to Ticket Email’ is closed to new replies.