Adding Product Notes to Ticket Email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding Product Notes to Ticket Email

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Good day!

New user here…desperately trying to replace Event Espresso with your product. I am *nearly* there, save for one major issue….

All of our event tickets are purchased online and we do not publish the address for a good portion of the events we do publicly. As such, we need a way to send this address via email with ticket purchase. It seems to me the ticket email is the most obvious place to do this, but the only field I can find that is “hidden” from view without a little modification is the “Product Notes” field within the Woocommerce side of things. I did find a way to add this Product Notes field to the invoice, but this is going to cause me a lot of grief unless I can add it (or perhaps another field I can add the address to without posting it) to the ticket itself.

Please let me know how I might be able to accomplish this without too much headache. In EE, this was very simply done by utilizing the custom email templates available. I see no such option here and hoping you can help.

Thanks!

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Just a thought…maybe a better approach to this is to simply exclude the venue/address from the events I need to exclude it from. Can this be done as an alternative? Basically, I would add the venue information, but prevent it from being displayed online.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Something like this seems like it might be a good solution:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

If I had the correct CSS to just hide the address (not the venue name, just the address) I might be able to make this work.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

So, I have this “half” working. The following CSS removes the address from the main event listing with the category “Hidden” selected:

.tribe-events-category-hidden span.tribe-street-address {
    display: none !important;
    }

However, I cannot seem to remove it from the “Details” box in the single event listing itself. I’ve tried different variations of this, including what is below. “address.tribe-events-address” seems to be the correct element and it does remove the address without the category tag included.

.tribe-events-category-hidden address.tribe-events-address {
    }

Thoughts? I feel a solution is within reach!

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Joseph,

I’d be happy to help out here. 🙂

Can you by chance send me a link to one of the site events where this is relevant so that I can help you put together the last part of your solution?

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Joseph,

I would try the following CSS:

.tribe-events-event-meta address.tribe-events-address{

visibility: hidden;

height: 0px;

}

Let me know how that goes!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Shelby,

The CSS you posted works fine for hiding the address in the “Details” section for ALL events, and I can already do that. My issue however is that I need to hide it for only a few events, not all of them. My solution for the events list is to use the .tribe-events-category-hidden tag as it is here, which hides the address with the category: Hidden assigned to the event:

.tribe-events-category-hidden span.tribe-street-address {
    }

However, that DOES NOT solve the problem for the address being displayed on the event page itself in the “Details” box. When I assign the “.tribe-events-category-hidden” to the CSS you provided the address still shows.

.tribe-events-category-hidden .tribe-events-event-meta address.tribe-events-address .tribe-events-category-hidden {
    }

How can I get the Hidden category to work with the address in the details section for only the events that “Hidden” category is assigned to?

Thanks!

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Here is the details page with the bit of CSS assigned….

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Apologies, here is the corrected CSS. Tried it both ways and address in Details is still showing. Not sure why, but the placement of “.tribe-events-category-hidden” makes a difference in the other bit of CSS that works for the event list.

.tribe-events-event-meta address.tribe-events-address .tribe-events-category-hidden{
    }

.tribe-events-category-hidden .tribe-events-event-meta address.tribe-events-address {
    }

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Shelby,

I think I might know what’s going on here. There is no archive template associated with this post type. At least I can’t identify any in the body tag. No archive template means no categories to use right? Take a look at the screenshot…

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

Shelby,

Please escalate this issue. I need to make a decision on this software and require the solution to this problem in order to do so. Would it be a simple solution to register categories with the custom post type? If so, can you walk me through it?

Question: Why is it that making the venue “private” does not prevent it from being displayed on the screen? All that does is prevent the venue page itself from displaying, but not the information. Seems like this is a “bug” to me.

Thanks!

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joseph Citarello
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Product Notes to Ticket Email’ is closed to new replies.