Adding calendar to home page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Adding calendar to home page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nicole Handel

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing the Events Calendar for an intranet site. I would like to be able to add a filterable calendar to our pre existing home page. Is this something that will be possible with this plugin? From the free version, it only seems possible to access the calendar from a set page. If it is possible, I am also curious if it is possible to import events from an outlook calendar.

Thank you in advance,
    Nicole

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can add a calendar with a simple filter bar (including date, keyword search, location, and calendar view selector) to any page using the shortcodes that come with Events Calendar Pro. If you would like more advanced filtering capabilities, Filter Bar can help you out with that!

Regarding importing events, you can import via a CSV file with the free version. To import from other sources (Facebook, Meetup, Google Calendar, iCalendar, CSV, and ICS), you will need Event Aggregator.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if I can help with anything else! We do have a demo over on wpshindig.com. Plus, our refund policy entitles you to a full refund within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to test everything out!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Nicole

Hi Jennifer,

This partially answers my question. My main concern is if I can add this calendar to an existing page. With the free trial it seem like I can only use the calendar on its own page. What I want to do is add a calendar to a section of my existing home page, ideally using a shortcode.

Thank you,
    Nicole

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for following up! Yes, you can add the calendar to an existing page with Pro.

The shortcodes are a feature of the Pro version and are not included with the free version. Without some custom coding, the shortcodes are the only way to embed full calendars onto existing pages, like your home page. However, the free version does come with some widgets that will let you add mini calendars to widgets areas (like on a sidebar).

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding calendar to home page’ is closed to new replies.