Adding a file upload field to the community event submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Adding a file upload field to the community event submission form

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sphere.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sphere
    Participant

Hi, we want users to be able to upload or attach a file (i.e., PDF or Word doc) when creating an event via the front end community event submission form. Searched the forum and seems like this was touched on in an old thread (back in 2015) here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/attach-pdf-to-actual-event/ .

Was just wondering if there had been any progress in this area or anyone could recommend a possible workaround to be able to achieve this now.

Hunter

Hello!

First off, thank you for your purchase and welcome to our premium plugin support forums! Unfortunately, there hasn’t been much progress since that thread you referred to, but as Brian pointed out, setting something up with Advanced Custom Fields wouldn’t be too difficult a task to take one. If it gets beyond your level of expertise, you might look into hiring a professional to help further assist.

Advanced Custom Fields is one of the most popular plugins available for WordPress, so try searching our forums in addition to general web searches to see if you can find any working examples. Last idea is to visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submit your request there.

Please let me know if this helps and have a great weekend ahead. Cheers!

sphere
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah ACF is great and used ACF Pro in previous projects, but as I understand it that approach would only be good if we want to add input fields on the wordpress backend (i.e., add input fields to the events post type on the WP admin side). As mentioned we were exploring if it would be possible to add file upload fields on the front end community event submission form. Was thinking somewhere along the line of additional fields in the event calendar settings, but right now a file upload field seems to be not supported for that. Will maybe submit that as a feature idea to the UserVoice link you gave. Thanks anyway.

sphere
    Participant

I think you misunderstood.

We need to add a file upload option to the community events submission form, not the dashboard.

Any technical pointers you can give us?

Hunter

Thank you for further clarifying your needs. It’s admittedly been awhile since I developed anything resembling what you’re looking to do, but I believe ACF is still a relevant option in this instance, though I could be way off. I’m unfortunately unable to look into the matter at this time, but I recommend doing some general web searches in addition to searching our forums for relevant requests to see if you can come up with a viable solution. I truly wish I could spend more time investing the matter, though I did find this thread where a user shares another plugin. I cannot confirm whether or not it will work.

As you mentioned, our UserVoice Feature Ideas is another good route though the turnaround time is less than ideal. You also might want to take a quick peek at our list of customizers to see if any candidates meet your requirements.

Thanks for understanding I can’t provide much more support in this instance and please feel free to share a solution should you come up with one for others to benefit from. Take care and let me know if you’ve got any more questions or comments on the matter. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding a file upload field to the community event submission form’ is closed to new replies.