Attach PDF to actual event?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Attach PDF to actual event?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anders
    Participant

Wondering if there’s a way to attach documents (pdf, word, etc) to an actual event (not email or ticket). Obviously the image upload works great for images, but sometimes we need to attach pdfs to a single event in a reoccurring series as well. It would be great if this could be done, or if there is a plugin you can recommend that would work well with Event Calendar.

/anders

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the interest in Community Events.

We do not have a feature to attached other types of attachments. It could be something that is customized, but we are unable to help with that for the most part.

I do not think there is an existing plugin that adds this to the Community Events Front End Form.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Anders
    Participant

Hi Brian, thanks for the answer (and I hope you get to enjoy off-site team meetings as well!)

I maybe was unclear, apologies. This does not have to be added to the Front End form, back end is fine.
    /anders

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok the admin area is easier, but does involve some customization.

You can try Advanced Custom Fields as added it to the Events Custom Post Type.

Then using ACF’s coding you code add it to the single event templates using our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Anders
    Participant

Great. Thanks for the tip. Worked great.
    /anders

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Attach PDF to actual event?’ is closed to new replies.