ADD AN EVENT in test site/ upload media in test site (new theme) – error in load

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO ADD AN EVENT in test site/ upload media in test site (new theme) – error in load

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    azdancecoalition
    Participant

I was trying to ADD AN EVENT in the test site (changed/upgraded theme) and something has gone
    wrong. I was inserting an image into an event and then it kept going to a blank “upload/php” page.
    When I hit PUBLISH, it went to this blank page again and I had to back
    arrow. It never showed the post again after the publish click. It did show
    up in the events list and I deleted it in case there was an error, but that didn’t work either. I think
    I’m stuck. Can’t view the media library. Now I can’t even update “any” of the pages. I also can’t log in the site now on the desktop. I’m still logged in on the laptop. Phew… But have not been able to UPDATE any pages. –

Here’s the DEBUG message, if that helps: SyntaxError: expected expression, got ‘<‘http://test.azdancecoalition.org/wp-content/themes/lambada/7league/script/custom.js.php?ver=4.5.3 line 1

TEST SITE – new upgraded theme: http://test.azdancecoalition.org – from the dashboard – since “Submit an Event” is still not visible in the right panel for “members” to add.
    ORIGINAL SITE: http://www.azdancecoalition.org

I have the original coding for “add event” but don’t know how to transfer it into the new coding provided by the new theme. Maybe you can assist? My web person is on vacation.

ORIGINAL CODE that includes Event Calendar / Submit An Event:
    <div id="rightcolumn">
    <ul id="sidebar">

<li class="widget_search">

<form id="searchform" action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>" method="get">

<div>

<input id="s" type="text" size="15" name="s" /><br />

<input type="submit" value="" />

</div>

</form>
    <br />

<div class="clear"></div>

<?php /* Widgetized sidebar, if you have the plugin installed. */
    if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar() ) : ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<!-- end #sidebar -->

</div><!-- end #rightcolumn -->

NEW THEME CODE - WHERE TO I ADD and WHAT CHANGES TO CODE DO I NEED TO DO?

<?php
    global $options;
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Left Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-1',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="left widget %2$s"><div>',
    'after_widget' => "</div></aside>",
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Right Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-2',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="right widget %2$s"><div>',
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    // FOOTER SIDEBARS
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Footer 1 Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-11',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="footer-first-sidebar widget %2$s">',
    'after_widget' => "</aside>",
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Footer 2 Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-12',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="footer-second-sidebar widget %2$s">',
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Footer 3 Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-13',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="footer-third-sidebar widget %2$s">',
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Footer 4 Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-14',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="footer-fourth-sidebar widget %2$s">',
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Footer 5 Sidebar',
    'id' => 'sidebar-15',
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="footer-fifth-sidebar widget %2$s">',
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );

/* CUSTOM SIDEBARS */

$my_sidebars=load_option("sidebars");
    if(isset($my_sidebars))
    {
    for( $i=0; $i<count($my_sidebars); $i++ )
    {
    $ix=$i+20;
    if(isset($my_sidebars[$i]))
    {
    if($my_sidebars[$i]!="")
    {
    register_sidebar( array(
    'name' => 'Sidebar '.$my_sidebars[$i],
    'id' => 'sidebar-'.$ix,
    'before_widget' => '<aside id="%1$s" class="'.$my_sidebars[$i].'-sidebar widget %2$s"><div>',
    'before_title' => '

',
    'after_title' => '

',
    ) );
    }
    }
    }
    }
    ?>

Also want to change the “line spacing” on the MONTHLY VIEW of the CALENDAR. It is double spacing titles. Sometimes I’ll have 6 events on one day. Lots of wasted space.

Thank you for any help you can provide. [email protected] / 520-975-2694

Geoff B.

Good evening Krystyna and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about your site being in such bad shape. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

First off, based on the error message you are getting, it seems that something is wrong with your WordPress theme.
    I would try:

1. Making sure that you have the latest version of that theme installed
    2. Making sure that this theme is actually compatible with the version of WordPress you are using

If that does not work, via FTP or your CPanel’s file manager, try renaming your that theme’s folder to something like z_lambada
    That will deactivate your theme and give you back access to your WP admin.

Could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

As for the second part of your question, it looks like you have some template customizations going on to allow your visitors to submit events.
    Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

With that in mind, I suspect you might be able to transfer that functionality to your new theme provided you follow our customizations guidelines.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

You could also hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Finally, but not least, we have an add-on that takes care of all of that (and more for you). Community Events: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-community-events/

As for the space between lines, I would recommend the following CSS snippet

h3.tribe-events-month-event-title a {
    line-height: 18px;
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good morning Krystyna,

Thank you for writing back.
    I’m glad the CSS trick worked for you.

As for sharing the theme with me, Dropbox (or any similar service) will work fine (email is not an option unfortunately).
    What you need to do is:

1. Have an account on dropbox.com (they are free)
    2. Drag and Drop your theme file (after compressing it in a .zip format) in your account.
    3. Wait that the file finishes uploading.
    4. Send me the link to that file (via a reply here)

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Krystyna,

Thank you for the files.

I have some good news. I tested your theme on my end and I am not getting any error messages.
    That’s great because it means that we can most likely fix things.

As the next troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

As for your custom code to show a “Submit an Event” link, as stated before, this is a customization. As such we can’t fully support it unfortunately.

But, based on what I see, this looks like a page template (not something that would go into your CSS). You should:

1. Create a child theme to make sure this template is not overwritten when updating you theme
    2. Read the following on how page templates work: https://codex.wordpress.org/Pages#Creating_Your_Own_Page_Templates
    3. You will need to make sure that whoever is using those links on that page template has sufficient access and capabilities in their WordPress role

Unfortunately, that’s as far as I can go for that part of the issue. Once again, you might want to check out our awesome Community Events add-on: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-community-events/ which makes that super simple and straight forward

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘ADD AN EVENT in test site/ upload media in test site (new theme) – error in load’ is closed to new replies.