A huge issue with attendee data being recorded

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus A huge issue with attendee data being recorded

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Clair
    Participant

We’ve hit a big problem with attendee data being recorded. We’re using Event Calendar Pro and Event Ticket Pro, with ticket sales through Woo.

Essentially for orders that contain four or more attendees, the attendee data isn’t being inserted into the database. For orders with three or less attendees they are.

I’ve tested this across numerous browsers just to be sure it wasn’t a browser issue, and it’s not.

This is a major problem for our client, as they regularly hold events where individuals need to register multiple people from their organisation.

Please let me know when this will be resolved.

Hunter

Hi Clair,

Sorry to hear about the issue. I tested to see if I could replicate the problem but was unfortunately unable to do so. I created a demo event and a ticket with a custom fieldset (name). All 4 names were saved to the database and exported to the .csv file properly.

Can you see if the issue still occurs when following our Testing for conflicts guide? Let me know your findings and we’ll continue troubleshooting from there.

Thank you for reaching out and have a good rest of the day.

Clair
    Participant

This reply is private.

Clair
    Participant

Hunter

Another update to this.

We have found that when we register more than 3 people for different events it works.

So what could it be specifically with that event that is causing the problem?

Peter

Clair
    Participant

One final update.

When I create a new ticket on the same event with a different field set, it works.

So I’ve tried to narrow it down for you. There is something wrong with the specific field set that we have there.

Hope you can shed some light.

Clair

Hunter

Hey Clair,

Forgive me for not asking the first time around, but would you mind sharing your System Information as a private reply?

Additionally, I’m admittedly a bit confused by your last two responses. Is there any way you can provide more clarity? Screenshots and links if possible 🙂

One last thing: please refrain from sending over login credentials as we are unfortunately unable to login to customer sites barring extreme circumstances determined by our support staff. Thanks for understanding and I look forward to hearing back!

Clair
    Participant

This reply is private.

Clair
    Participant

Hi Hunter

I’ve just shared our system details with you. To clarify, because the client’s website is a large and very active website we couldn’t just switch over to the default WP theme and deactivate all of the other plugins.

So what we’ve done is taken a copy of the site, theme and plugins and installed it in our staging environment to conduct the testing.

What we found when we did the testing, is that it seems the problem is isolated to the ticket fieldset used for this particular event.

The process we went through for testing was as follows:

On the problem event when we tried to register 4 or more attendees, the attendee data was not recorded. However when we registered 1, 2 or 3 attendees on this same event, the attendee data WAS recorded.

When we tried to register 4 or more attendees on another (un related) event the client had already set up, the attendee data was recorded.

We then created a new ticket and attendee data fieldset and added it to the problem event. When we tried to register 4 or more attendees against this ticket, the attendee data WAS recorded.

So it seems that within the problem event, there is either an issue with the ticket, or the attendee data fieldset applied to that ticket; so whenever you try to register 4 or more attendees, the data is not recorded (but for 3 or less attendees the data IS recorded).

I did post a topic about attendee data being wiped whenever you update the global fields (see here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/attendee-data-wiped-when-global-ticket-fieldsets-are-updated/), but this applied to all orders, regardless of number of attendees.

There doesn’t appear to be any settings to limit/restrict sales by number of attendees per ticket, so we’ve no idea what is going on.

I’ve attached a screenshot from the attendee data section of the event. There are a number of orders with < 4 attendees and you can see the ‘View details’ link under the ticket name for these orders. However, for the order 2921 (Phillip Baker), where 5 tickets were purchased, there is no link and no attendee data has been recorded.

Hopefully that clarifies the issue?

Cheers
    Clair

Hunter

Welcome back and thank you for the in-depth responses.

Can you provide more information and screenshots if possible of the Ticket Fieldset on the problem event? Let me know and I’ll continue testing.

At this point, I’m able to add 5 or more ‘Text’ Ticket Fieldsets and they save properly. I altered the ‘Text’ Ticket Fieldset after going through a purchase and did experience the same loss of data you did as mentioned in this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/attendee-data-wiped-when-global-ticket-fieldsets-are-updated/

I don’t believe the two issues are related at this point, but respond back and we’ll take it from there. Thank you again and have a good weekend.

Ryan
    Participant

I just recently report a bug (which has been confirmed) regarding the handling of some special characters.

I first noticed the problem when batches of 6 and 5 tickets on one order were purchased with no attendee info stored. Troubleshooting that lead to the discovery of the special character issue. It’s also possible, though, that the size of the batch was a problem for us.

We stopped troubleshooting the batch size issue and attributed it to the characters issue. Perhaps they were both at play.

Hunter

Hey Ryan

Thank you for the input. I’ll use that information to see if I can track down any more helpful information 🙂

Clair
    Participant

Hi Hunter

Ryan may well have given us a pointer on this (thanks Ryan!). I’ve just checked the ticket field sets, and all of the fields have “:” at the end of the field label (see attached screenshot).

However, I don’t think this is the problem in this case. I’ve just gone through the ticket field set and remove all “:”, and then run the test again (purchasing 5 tickets for the event).

Again we’re still not getting data recorded for attendees (see attached screenshot – this shows me placing an order for 5 attendees with no data recorded, and Peter placing an order for a newly created test ticket using a newly created ticket fieldset where he could register 5 attendees).

We’re struggling to work out what is going on, so your assistance is appreciated.

Cheers
    Clair

Ryan
    Participant

Clair,

Your first screen shot with the missing “View Details” link is exactly the result I got with batches of 5 and 6 attendees. When I investigated there was no data added to the postmeta table for those tickets. This makes me think there must be a logic error in the code that chokes past 4 attendees.

You’re right – it’s a pretty significant problem related to a core feature of paid software. Hopefully the team here can get it sorted quickly.

Hunter, I know you don’t like to give timelines on fixes, but surely behind the scenes there is a prioritization method for bug reports – and something like this should hit the top of that list.

Hunter

Thank you for the responses,

I attempted to purchase 5 tickets with a new text fieldset added to the ticket (Name:) and all 5 names were saved properly. So, I’m on the same page in thinking these two issues are not related. Ryan – thanks again for the input!

Clair, can you save the fieldset giving you troubles and try using it on another event? Rest assured, once we can find the exact source of conflict and confirm a bug, we’ll prioritize it accordingly. Thank you again to the both of you for your patience and willingness to work with me on this.

Have a great rest of your Wednesday 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘A huge issue with attendee data being recorded’ is closed to new replies.