Attendee data wiped when (global) Ticket Fieldsets are updated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Attendee data wiped when (global) Ticket Fieldsets are updated

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Clair
    Participant

A bit of a curly one for you. We are running The Events Calendar (4.1.3) and The Events Calendar PRO (4.1.2) on one of our client’s sites, with ticket purchasing (Event Tickets 4.1.3 and Events Tickets Plus 4.1.2 enabled) being run through WooCommerce.

The site is running WordPress multisite 4.5.1.

We’ve found what appears to be a bug in preserving data integrity.

Here’s what happened:

The client created a Ticket Fieldset. Client created a new event, and applied the Ticket Fieldset to the event. Attendees purchased tickets, then the client updated some of the fields within the Ticket Fieldset and the attendee data was wiped.

When the client first came to us we were sure what had happened, so I created a sample fieldset and event to test the process and when you update a ticket fieldset (already associated with an event with attendees already registered) it does indeed delete the attendee data.

I got our dev guys to check the database to see if the data was stored anywhere, but they confirmed it had been deleted.

For the moment I’ve told our client not to use global ticket fieldsets, and once the event is created and attendees start registering to not touch the fieldsets. But, I’m wondering why there’s such a hole in the plugin to allow important data like this to be wiped?

Shouldn’t the fields be ‘locked’ (or some other fail safe mechanism) once attendees start registering?

Or maybe I’ve missed something? Please help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Clair,

I would love to help you sort this. I am sorry to hear that bug is impacting you, it is definitely a bug in our latest version and one we are working to patch ASAP. Until then not using the global stock is a good workaround.

I just added your topic to our list of folks affected by this issue, that means we will report back here once a fix is ready to be released. At that point all you will have to update is update your plugins in WordPress and it will go away.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Clair
    Participant

Thanks Brook

Appreciate the response. Do you have a timeframe for the fix?

Cheers
    Clair

Brook
    Participant

Hello again,

You are very welcome. A fix should be ready within two weeks, likely within the week. I can not promise either of those dates but that is the current timeframe barring the unforeseen.

• Brook
    Clair
    Participant

Hi Brook

Just wanted to check in and see if the patch had been released? Can you please let me know?

Thank you

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Clair,

Absolutely! The last release of our plugins should have fixed this. Have you updated them all recently? Is it working properly for you now?

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Oh I am sorry Clair that was my mistake. This is still pending release. It is likely to be fixed in version 4.2.1 of our plugins, but that is still a bit tentative. 4.2 will be out soon, then 4.2.1 will be about 2 weeks after that.

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Clair,

Are you still seeing this problem? We patched a few bugs recently and I am not able to reproduce exactly this.

There is one piece of behavior that might be affecting you here on second glance. If you create an attendee field and name it something like “Meal Choice”. Then some people purchase a few tickets and select their meal choice. Finally you rename the field Meal Choice to something else, it will hide all of the data already input into that field.

The data is not actually deleted, and renaming the field back to Meal Choice will cause it to appear. Initially you said your developers had confirmed that this data was truly deleted so I did not suspect this was what you were referring to. However, on second look through this topic I am wondering if the developers might have just missed the data. The database is very big, and unless they knew very specifically what to look for I could see them missing this. Does this sound like it might be the problem you were experiencing?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee data wiped when (global) Ticket Fieldsets are updated’ is closed to new replies.