404 errors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bryan
    Participant

Hi,

We are receiving 404 page errors: https://goo.gl/BpKmE5

We have tried to save the Postname in settings and have even tried adding the suggested code to the theme functions.php file to no avail (the latter just crashes the site).

We have tried changing the theme to no avail as well.

Really hoping you can assist with this.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Bryan

Cliff

Hi, Bryan. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a known issue, and I wasn’t able to recreate it on Events Categories pages, so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Bryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

You’re welcome.

I’m dealing with another customer’s report of a conflict with Thrive theme/plugin(s). Maybe try deactivating that plugin.

I don’t know about SiteGround’s caching plugin specifically, but those can sometimes get in the way too, especially if they’re minifying our already-minified assets–Problems with Minification. Maybe look to see if any of your plugins or your host is affecting things here.

Bryan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for your response.

We have already tried deactivating Thrive Leads and Thrive Visual Content
    Builder with no success.

As regards possible caching issues I think this is beyond our capabilities
    to investigate and resolve and it is likely to be fruitless anyway.

At this stage therefore, without any solution in sight, it does not look
    like we will be able to continue using Modern Tribe’s Events Calendar. It’s
    a great shame.

Thanks anyway.

Cliff

I understand it can be time-consuming and frustrating to do such troubleshooting, but it’s part of WordPress troubleshooting, not just for our plugins.

I’ll leave this thread open in case you do get to do full testing and/or have additional feedback for us.

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘404 errors’ is closed to new replies.