404 error after updating events calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 error after updating events calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jmegordon
    Participant

Hi,

Since updating to events calendar 4.1.4, my calendar page returns a 404 error.

I have followed the steps by using the 2016 theme, disabling plugins and flushing permalinks, however am still incurring the issue.

I have also tried manually downgrading to a previous version, however I still have the issue.

What other steps could I try to resolve this issue?

My calendar should be visible on this page: tabletennisengland.co.uk/tournaments

The 404 only occurs on the events page and no where else on the website.

Many thanks,
    Jamie

jmegordon
    Participant

In addition, all of my organiser pages and events pages also return 404 errors.

jmegordon
    Participant

This reply is private.

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi,

Just to add to this – it looks as though it’s a permalink issue.

If I switch my permalink structure to ‘plain’ then the events pages work fine. However I wish for my permalinks to remain as the custom structure: /%category%/%postname%/

I’m not sure why this would have just broke during an update either – it worked fine before!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by jmegordon.
    Hunter

Hey Gerry,

Sorry to hear about the 404 errors. Those are never fun! I’d be happy to help you out 🙂

First step would be to review our Fixing HTTP 404 errors KB article. If that doesn’t work, reply back and we’ll continue investigating.

Thank you for reaching out and have a good rest of your day.

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi,

They’re not fun at all!

I’ve followed all of the steps, but am still unsuccessful. Please see my responses above 🙁

Hunter

Do the 404 errors still occur when setting permalinks to ‘Post name’ rather than custom? Please review this quick article on best practices for permalinks and let me know if it works out. Have a good rest of your weekend!

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi,

Yes they do still occur. The only way I can stop the 404 right now is if I switch the permalinks to plain.

Any ideas what may have caused this?

jmegordon
    Participant

Carrying on my my previous post and to explain further. The issue occurs with any form of pretty permalinks. Ugly permalinks work fine.

Hunter

Hey Gerry,

Thank you for the responses.

Can you please confirm you’ve reviewed our Fixing HTTP 404 errors article? It is not the same as our Testing for conflicts guide. If so, thank you ahead of time.

Reply back and let me know. In the mean time, I’ll bring this thread to the attention of my fellow support team members to see if they have any insight on the matter. As of right now, we don’t have any logged bugs of users reporting similar issues.

Thanks again and take care.

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi,

Yep I’ve read through the page and none of the actions resolved the issue unfortunately.

I can provide administration access if you need to look for yourself.

🙁

Hunter

Hey Gerry,

From what I can see, it appears that your site is working with pretty permalinks: http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/tournaments/

Also, if this page is any indication of your permalink structure (/%category%/%postname%/), it also appears to be working properly: http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/thenews/news/in-your-area/

On an unrelated note, your theme doesn’t appear to support body classes. It also seems to be missing the closing body and html tags (could be the theme, could be a plugin that’s causing that).

At this point, I’m not really sure what could be causing the permalink issue (if it’s still an issue) :-/ Unfortunately we’re unable to log into customer sites and I’ve exhausted my resources on the matter. If possible, create a test site using the default theme and only our plugins and see if you’re able to replicate the problems.

Best of luck troubleshooting and have a great Tuesday!

jmegordon
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

Our site works fine with pretty permalinks, however the events calendar page http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/tournaments/ returns a 404 error.

If I switch the site to ugly permalinks the events calendar does not return a 404 error.

Thanks for spotting the body tag – I’ll take a look at that now!

Do you have any suggestions where I could start looking for a solution?

Hunter

Hey Gerry,

I visited the http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/tournaments/ and am not getting a 404 error. Since /tournaments/ is in the link, it appears pretty permalinks are working. If they weren’t, it would look like this: http://tabletennisengland.co.uk/?post_type=tribe_events.

Can you send over a screenshot of what your WP permalink settings are? I honestly am having a hard time “seeing” an issue in play, so I’m not sure you need to be looking for a solution. I’ve had a few team members take a look at this thread and we’re on the same page, so if we’re missing something, please feel free to clarify. But as of right now, it appears your permalinks are working as expected.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error after updating events calendar’ is closed to new replies.