3.11.1 Not importing Venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator 3.11.1 Not importing Venue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Similar issue as this one but it’s also not importing Venue.

George
    Participant

Hey Tom,

Sorry you’re having similar issues here. Can you share your “system information” with us, as described here? → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

That info will be helpful to have.

As mentioned in that very thread we are working on numerous fixes for Facebook Importer – there have been both changes in Facebook’s API and within our own stable of plugins that we need to bring Facebook Importer up-to-speed with.

Thank you!
    George

Tom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Douglas
    Participant

I am also having venues dropped when importing…… Both by Page and Event ID some events import fine but others do not.

786495231435097 <<<<< this is a Facebook event id that has failed import on both page import and event id import

Douglas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tom
    Participant

Yes the problem is intermittent for me too…some venues go through fine, others don’t. Some of the ones which don’t get imported are ones that have already been imported before and are pre-existing in the list of venues. So they don’t even need to get imported…maybe part of the bug is that the importer is unable to match or recognize a pre-existing venue already in the database.

George
    Participant

Hey Folks,

Thank you all for your patience here, I’m sorry that you’ve encountered these bugs but I have some great news: just in the past few hours we were finally able to isolate the problems, which related to how Facebook’s Graph API has changed recently.

Our developer Matt came up with a great fix and hopefully it will make it into the 3.12 release of our plugins which is coming next week.

I tested this new version of the plugin and it resolved these issues for me – we’re testing the fix and running it through our QA process, we’ll get this out to you as soon as possible!

Douglas
    Participant

Any chance at getting the prerelease with the fix?

George
    Participant

Hey @douglas,

Yes! Head to http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads and scroll down to the “Early Access” section, you can replace all your 3.11.x plugins with the 3.12 Release Candidates available there.

I hope that helps! Let me know if it does.

Cheers,
    George

Douglas
    Participant

George, FYI Updated to Release Candidate 1 today and am still dropping the venue on the same events. If your fix was in there it did not work for me..

786495231435097 <<< Facebook event id that does not import venue

Douglas
    Participant

George, another FYI the RC1 also breaks the the Url access using /venue/* and /organizer/* You may want to pass that along..

No matter which venue or organizer you use it comes up page not found

George
    Participant

Hey Douglas,

Sorry you’re still having issues with things here – just to be clear, did you update the Release Candidates for all of your Tribe plugins or just Facebook events? If the latter, be sure to update all the rest of the Tribe plugins and see if this makes any difference with things…

I don’t mean to reiterate that point if you’ve already made sure to do so, just wanted to note that in case you hadn’t updated the other Tribe plugins.

Regardless of this, based on your note about your changed URLs you might also want to be sure to go to Settings > Permalinks in your admin area, and just click “Save Changes” without actually making any changes. This may seem like an odd thing to do but is a little “trick” within WordPress to get the permalinks across your site to refresh, which might help here.

Thank you for your patience! I’ll investigate these issues with our recent Facebook improvements because this lack of venue/organizer import was a big issue for me, too, and I’ve recently found it to be fixed.

— George

Douglas
    Participant

Yes, all plugins were updated. Still not importing the venue intermitantly

I will try your suggestion of updating the permalink by doing a save without changes.

Douglas
    Participant

after trying again with all of the downloadable plugins, i am getting the same results. re saving permalink did not solve the Venue/Organizer URL issue I brought up either

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Douglas.
    Douglas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘3.11.1 Not importing Venue’ is closed to new replies.