0 Sold (5 Awaiting Review)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus 0 Sold (5 Awaiting Review)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Greg Perham
    Participant

It should display “5 Sold”. All payments are complete; all orders have status “Complete”.

The bugs with this product have made its use a total disaster. We invested quite a lot of money into integrating TEC throughout the website, only to find taking payments for tickets does not work—period—broken by a seemingly endless string of bugs. The client has had it and will be moving to a different platform. I will never recommend TEC to another client.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Greg,

I’m sorry to hear about all the issues you are having. I understand how frustrating that must be.

I will do my best to try to help you sort out this one.

As I start I immediately tested the following scenario in 2 different setups:

• Set up EDD with the test payment gateway
    • Create a single, non-recurring event
    • Create one EDD ticket with single (non-shared) capacity of 5
    • purchase the ticket on front-end
    • purchase was successful, it is set to complete by EDD bot and on attendee list I properly see either “1 sold (4 remaining)” or “1 sold (sold1)” based on the EDD version.

Let me know if this is also the process you tested, or if you did anything significantly different.

These are the 2 setups I tried it on.

Setup 1: latest versions of TEC, ET, ET+, EDD

Setup 2: like your current setup

• TEC 4.6.12
    • ET 4.6.3.1
    • ET+ 4.6.2
    • EDD 2.8.18

(I also had current PRO 4.4.24.2 with both, but likely that doesn’t influence anything here.)

All worked well with both setups. This likely signals that something else is at play here.

Although I hate to ask you any of the following next steps, knowing how upset you already must be with this, but since I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue, these are the 2 ways forward.

Path 1:

Setting up a blank site with only the calendar plugins and EDD with the test gateway. Check if you can recreate the issue.

If all works well, then add the following, checking possibly at every step if the site / purchase still works:

• your payment gateway
    • your parent theme without any extra snippets and mods
    • your child theme
    • your child theme with snippets / mods
    • rest of the plugins (this you can do activating 5 at a time to speed it up)

Once it stops working you will know that whatever you activated the last time produces the error.

If still all works well at the end, then there is likely a glitch on your live site.

Path 2:

Conflict testing on the live site OR creating an exact copy of the live site and setting it up as a staging site.

I understand if you are not too keen on testing stuff on a live site. Lot of people are and it is usually not recommended. In this case the plugin called Health Check will be of great service. This will allow you run a conflict test on your live site for your user only, so the visitors will not see anything, they will still see your regular site. One note: plugins and themes can be activated / deactivated, but the change in any plugin settings (i.e. default calendar view) will also affect the live site.

Some good news for the end, it looks like that the issue with the stock reduction on page refresh / visit will have a fix very soon. The fix is undergoing rigorous testing this week and if all goes according to plan, then it will be released sometime next week.

I very much hope we can also get this “Awaiting Review” issue sorted out for you by then, so you can finally have the site that you deserve.

Let me know the result of your test(s). I’ll be here and will help you further if needed.

Cheers,
    Andras

Greg Perham
    Participant

I can’t update the plugins because when I did, ticket purchasing totally broke because of other bugs ETP has with EDD. This one, for example: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/available-tickets-falls-to-0-after-1-purchase-2/

I won’t be doing any (more) troubleshooting, but is there a way to get the current completed orders to count against the total? I understand if the bugginess of ETP means the answer is no for now.

Andras
    Keymaster

Okay. I understand if you can’t update at the moment, due to another issue. Hopefully that fix will pass the tests and will solve this issue next week.

I will try to check where that can be changed. I couldn’t find it so far. Hang in there.

A.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

Could you send me a database dump of your website? I would like to see if I can find anything in it that is causing this issue.

If the size is too big you could upload it to some cloud service and share the url in a private reply here.

Thanks!

Andras

Greg Perham
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I did not forget about your case. I’m still in the process. Will get back to you as soon as I can / find something.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I got two small pieces of news for you.

Yesterday we have published a maintenance release which has a fix for the issue with the “stock reducing each time you navigate to the edit event page”.

I would recommend testing the updates on a staging site first and if that works than doing it on your live site.

Whether you are using a staging site or not, please make a full backup of your site (files and database) before running any updates, just in case.

Once the update of all the plugins is done, please check if you are still experiencing the issue you described in this ticket.

The other piece of news is: I was investigating your case and spent quite some time digging in your database dump and fired up a test site with it. So far I haven’t been able to find what causes those tickets to show up as “pending review”. I will try to get a 2nd pair of eyes on this and will let you know if we find anything.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘0 Sold (5 Awaiting Review)’ is closed to new replies.