Its been a busy week at modern tribe events HQ. We had lots a awesome new users and old users upgrading. The good news is that our soft launch went wonderfully, validating our business plan (leaving the code canyon marketplace and going solo).
You are all so much more creative in your usages than we imagined and therefor of course, the community found some bugs for us to fix. We’ve separated those into a 2.0.1 release (more urgent bugs) and 2.0.2 (still bugs but less urgent).
The biggest effort in 2.0.1 was a refactoring of the template tags and advanced functions. What started as documentation became a bigger effort. We figured that if we were going to take all the time to carefully document all the template tags so that you would all use them, we should make sure they are all clean and presentable. We also broke out the advanced functions from the template tags as these are tools primarily for plugin integration and more experience WordPress devs.
Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.1:
Small features, UX & Content Tweeks:
- Enabled method to turn off event upsell messages on your site in wp-config.php
- Updated migration message to help 1.6.5 users have an easier time when they upgrade to 2.0
- Added a “View my events” link in the settings panel to help users find where the calendar lives
- Added Russian & Swedish translation files.
- Broke out advanced functions into their own file “advanced-functions.php”
- Added in line documentation to all template tags
- Added and updated documentation on http://tri.be/support/documentation/
- Added “00” in the time drop down when in 24 hour mode
- Updated default end time to “17” for 24 hour mode
- Fixed broken link in the “you need events 2.0 open source” on activation for PRO users.
- More tag now properly crops content in loop
- Custom meta > number only drop down values now carry over
- Resolved an issue where single day view yielded a 404 if date was in the past
- Next event widget now shows the proper event
- Attachments on recurring events now persist across instances
- Custom recurring event error caused by blank end date fixed
- Default state now shows properly
- Title tags wrong in various views fixed
- Event date showing incorrectly for certain cases of recurrence fixed.
- Venue / organizer data not saving for certain cases of recurrence fixed.